Leaving the Stampede...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Steve and I pulled out of Reno this morning straight up at 5am, we are making incredible time through the desert. We will be headed through the Salt Flats in about 2 hours and we intend on shooting an hours worth of boring video just to show our kids when we get back.......

Scar thanks again for having us, Jimbo, Ralph, Doyle you guys are the greatest for putting up with us and allowing us to play in your backyard.

Steve and I should be just North of Salt Lake City by 3pm this afternoon (about 3 hours more) and we will spend the night there..... We will get up in the morning and head to Casper Wyoming where the temp is in the 70's and low of 48......

Then off to the black hills of South Dakota to screw with the Harley guys on those roads!

Having a blast.......

Cap

Cap make sure you guys take a ride through SpearFish Canyon it is an awesome ride through there.

I can't remember when I've had this much fun, not because of 5 days of twisties (I can ride anytime, I live here) but because of the friendships that were developed. It's not often that in a few hours, a bunch of Alpha males (and a few great women) can enjoy and feel so comfortable with each other! Ride safe, all of you.
I'm so looking forward to some Black Hills shots too.
BTW, I'm IN BED with the flu, so fun, at least it held off to when everyone left! Doyle

I can't remember when I've had this much fun, not because of 5 days of twisties (I can ride anytime, I live here) but because of the friendships that were developed. It's not often that in a few hours, a bunch of Alpha males (and a few great women) can enjoy and feel so comfortable with each other! Ride safe, all of you.
I'm so looking forward to some Black Hills shots too.
BTW, I'm IN BED with the flu, so fun, at least it held off to when everyone left! Doyle

:thumbsup:
Sounds like the stampede was a huge success.
Sorry to hear you are under the weather, get well soon.
Bubba

:thumbsup:
Sounds like the stampede was a huge success.
Sorry to hear you are under the weather, get well soon.
Bubba

Thanks Bubba, you're one of the reasons the org is so great. Doyle

glad you guys had a great time...you should enjoy the Salt Flats, it is a spectacular place and isn't too hot as long as you keep moving :beerchug: keep an eye out for this, sort of catches you off-guard sitting in the middle of the desert

hope you get feeling better soon raydog

IMG_1042 (Large).jpg

Have a safe trip and watch out for those Harley WOMEN ! This time of year they tend to be scantily clothed and drunk most of the time ! :whistle:

Thanks for the update... Ah', that early morning air must have felt great today....
I had a Great time meeting and riding with with Cap and Uncle Steve..And all the other Hayabusa.org members..... It was truly a special week for me.... and i am sure it was for many many others. Thanks again Scar for all the hard work you and your friends did to make the Hayabusa Stampede a great success. Looking for it to happen again..
Ps Raydog hope ya feel better soon... That Thursday ride was Incredible !! Specially west of Downieville. Then that Pace you set for group going east from Downieville to Sierraville
was so spot on that all eight of us were one complete unit...threading though the 1000 curves that make up Cali Hy49.
Then the Saturday Photo shoot on the Virginia City truck route was a real eye opener !!
Amazingly No LEO's seemed to care what we were doing there..They had to have known.
Then back to the Peppermill the Banquet and the Picture show was awsome.And lot of great prizes were given away too.. WooHoo...Gotta go to work soon...CYA :peace:

glad you guys had a great time...you should enjoy the Salt Flats, it is a spectacular place and isn't too hot as long as you keep moving :beerchug: keep an eye out for this, sort of catches you off-guard sitting in the middle of the desert

hope you get feeling better soon raydog

What the heck is that thing? A giant tennis ball tree? ???

Glad y'all had a good time!! You two ride safely...looking forward to more pics and vids :thumbsup:

Mrs.PandaNin and I made it home without incident. Thanks everyone for a great time!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the update... Ah', that early morning air must have felt great today....
I had a Great time meeting and riding with with Cap and Uncle Steve..And all the other Hayabusa.org members..... It was truly a special week for me.... and i am sure it was for many many others. Thanks again Scar for all the hard work you and your friends did to make the Hayabusa Stampede a great success. Looking for it to happen again..
Ps Raydog hope ya feel better soon... That Thursday ride was Incredible !! Specially west of Downieville. Then that Pace you set for group going east from Downieville to Sierraville
was so spot on that all eight of us were one complete unit...threading though the 1000 curves that make up Cali Hy49.
Then the Saturday Photo shoot on the Virginia City truck route was a real eye opener !!
Amazingly No LEO's seemed to care what we were doing there..They had to have known.
Then back to the Peppermill the Banquet and the Picture show was awsome.And lot of great prizes were given away too.. WooHoo...Gotta go to work soon...CYA :peace:

I couldnt have said it better ... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey Cap how long do you guys plan to be in South dakota and how far into the east of South dakota are you gona be going before you head south back home.

Just curious if you guys are comeing my way.

Hey Cap, I wasn't able to make the Stampede but I believe I saw you two this morning at around 10:00 am east bound on Interstate 80 right near Carlin, NV. I saw what appeared to be two 08 blk/grey loaded Busas moving at a pretty good pace just coming out of the tunnel, saw a couple more loaded Busas heading east bound on I 80 when I got closer to Reno, I assumed all were Stampede attendees, sure hope I can make this event next year. :thumbsup:

Back