The importance of good parts

BigBadDodge

Registered
Coming home last night the road up towards my place was closed off and detoured, cops everywhere fence pieces all over the street looked like a tornado came through, so we detour through this neighborhood and turning back out past the accident scene i see what appears to be a kawi green nose laying there, bout the time the stomach sinks. Then few blocks up theres a car off the side of the road with the back window smashed out and paramedics all over. So at this point i'm kind of intrigued. Never saw nothing on the news this morning so decided to just let it go.
Out shopping for some supplies this morning i go by the scene and there are 2 yards with fences just mowed over and caution tape. Few hours later a buddy of mine dropped by to check out the bikes progress and happens to be a thornton cop that works nights.(and rides a busa):thumbsup:

18 year old kid on a brand new zx10, blowing north on this road at what witness said was well over 110mph, 1 wheel in the air, one stated there appeared to be a small explosion on the left side of the bike and it made a hard right turn into the curb which put the bike into a end over end roll which wiped down the fences (were talking probably 200ft of 6ft fence) i wont go into the details on the rider but he was entirely geared and met a tragic end. Police determined the cause of the accident was a failure of the chain, heres where it gets scary, the chain came off the bike with such force it went through the back window of a car almost 1/4 mile north of where the accident was injuring a 60 year old man that was in the passenger seat of the car(he was taken to hospital and released.

From what my buddy was told the rider had just put the chain on and was described as just a "cheap ebay" chain that matched the green on the bike.

Sad sad situation, you'll never hear me preach gear and what not, but i always push to get the absolute best parts you can, things like chains, brakes, bearings etc. can go really ugly at the worse time. Stay safe people

Very sad to hear. Could have been an installation failure possibly.

This is the main reason I will pay "extra" for name brand. You can't put a price on peace of mind IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dam that sucks.. I agree though.. I spend my money where it counts.. and stuff like that counts! I feel for the guy though but if ya weren't riding like a dumbass he'd probably still be around.

bummer- always hate it when someone goes shiny side down... whether they were bein dumb or not...
and +1 on quality parts... seen some crazy stuff workin at the bike shop- like cheapy bolts sheared off on the drive sprocket... it had one left when we caught it... coulda been real bad...

Amazing what people will do for a little matching color to the bike

Sad what that it happened though

good tires, good brakes, good moving parts and lubrication! choose the paint or something else that doesn't affect your safety if you are going to buy inferior products :beerchug:

Got to have the good stuff when it comes to the moving parts. cheep levers is one thing but a chain.....no way dude.

Back