Friday afternoon scare from buddy on cruiser

sportrider1296

Donating Member
Registered
Well it was early friday afternoon and I was working on the heater control valve of my girlfriends explorer. After making some backtracks to get the right parts I return home to finish up the job. Before I had left, one of my friends had called me wanting me to change the oil in his bike and adjust a few things. I said no problem and he said he would be there around 3:15 PM. A little after that time I was walking out of the garage to turn the explorer off after cheaking for leaks when I hard the guy coming on his Honda Shadow 1100. I looked up and saw that it was him and I thought to myself, man he is really flying. Well to my dismay, when I saw him again he was fish tailing back and forth coming down the road and straightened the bike up and he made a bee line right for the chain link fence. When I saw him swapping ends I was already in a full run across my field and when I got half way there I saw him go all the way through my chain link fence less than 50 feet in front of me. All I saw was poles and other stuff going everywhere. The bike made it through the fence and the front wheel dug into the soft dirt and he low sided. When he hit the ground he was doing 10 mph or less. He landed on his shoulder and made one flip over on his back. I was there in about 3 seconds after he stopped.

The good news: Only minor bumps and soreness, and minimal damage to the tank.

When I saw this about to happen I couldn't believe it and I was like oh shid and I took off running. This could have been much worse for him. The chance of getting impaled by the fence parts had to be great, and if he had went off of the other side of the road he would have been seriously hurt or killed by all those trees.

His shadow had the engine guard bars on the front that keep that chain link fence off of him. Without them this would have been like a giant cheese grader accident.

After making sure he was not in need of medical help, later we loaded the bike up on my trailer and proceded to the shop.

In conclusion, I hate this had to happen, but everyone has to experience a wreck on a motorcycle to calm them down or they will most certainly end up dead.

I'll post a pick tomorrow of what a big heavy shadow will do to a chain link fence.

He said he went in to the curve too fast and couldn't stick it and he went off the road and overcorrected and went right through my fence.

poor fence
sad.gif

and i am glad your buddy is okay!
smile.gif

at least he manned up about it being his fault.

I get so tired of the "I hit come gravel" line I could puke sometimes.

glad he wudn't hurt.

Back