Buddy crashed this afternoon.

Hey not good that he took a hit, but thankful that he was geared up. Anyways any tumble that that you walk away from is always good, ride safe guys. Plus maybe have him in the middle of the group following someone experienced and looking out for him to control speed angle and the like till he gets his training:whistle: wheels off.

got off light...very lucky.

GSXR1K wouldn't be my idea of the right 1st bike ...guy needs track time or tutoring to learn how that thing handles at speed and through the turns and to gain confidence on the brakes....plus if you get it wrong there are no sign posts.

I would be one of those rider's being that I hate the heat that accumulates inside my helmet during a 90-95 degree weather day. After seeing that picture of the helmet above :omg:, I think I have some prioritizing to do :idea:.

Come on man, do you really need another example to convince you a helmet is necessary to save your noggin?

When I was a young airman, I went to an Air Force Safety Day. The Denver police put on a really good presentation on motorcycle safety. At the end they gave everyone a warning about what was next and an opportunity to leave but they of course recommended staying. They then handed out 8X10 glossies of various motorcycle accidents in the Denver metro area of people without helments. The photos were extremely graphic and presented with permission of the families. Most were of folded legs, compound fractures and accidents with mangled bikes and bodies covered with sheets.

Warning if you are squeamish, stop reading now!

The one that got me the most was of a young man around 20 who somehow got his head trapped under the bike and slid a couple of dozen yards. The first was of the left side of he head which looked fairly normal except for the sunken in eye socket. The next was what was left of the right side of his head where it had been worn away leaving a 6 inch hole where his brain exited his skull. The next was the area the bike slid down the road with what was left of his brain in a long streak.

That one presentation was enough to convince me to never, never ride without a good helmet.

Glad to see him walk away. Plus getting the bike back on the street. Kind of crazy seeing a motorcycle in the back of a suburban though lol

I'm sorry to hear about this, but I'm so glad he's OK! Not a good day of riding :(

Update:

He's sore but went to work and he's already ordered most of the parts. He found a nose, both sides and a fairings stay for $300 on eBay, can't beat that! Hopefully the bike will be all back together with some fresh paint in the next few weeks!

Thanks for the thoughts and comments guys, He, (Tom) has been reading along. :thumbsup:

Well, my buddy that crashed finally went to the hospital yesterday, 3 broken vertibrae. One in his neck and 2 in the center of his back. He still says he's in better shape they the crack head and the guy with the beach umbrella ducted taped to his not actually broken leg. "It was an adventure, I'd go back just to see the people again" he says.

Rest and some pills and he'll be okay.

glad he's alright and up and running again. hopefully, he stays planted and keeps riding.

Glad to see him walk away. Plus getting the bike back on the street. Kind of crazy seeing a motorcycle in the back of a suburban though lol
I was thinking the same thing. The must have been so BIG duds to get that thing in there. Glad he is OK

That sucks! Glad he's ok. The scuffs on that helmet, could have been on his head. Glad to see he was wearing a helmet.

Back