Turbo Selection

Why would the battery or the charging system have to be changed if I go big bore NJ
rock.gif

...Anybody can suggest me a good big bore kit
rock.gif
YTZ14S battery will do the trick.Compression keep in below 13:1

http://www.hayabusazone.com/pistons.html

rock.gif

Not trying to flame you here Shenyop, but if I recall you once siad that you've never taken your bike over 140mph. My question is why spend money on performance upgrades, if you haven't yet realized the full potential of what you've got? IMO, that money would be better spent on suspension/brake/cosmetic upgrades. that being said, Lee's performance, Carpenter racing and your beloved Muzzy's all offer big bore kits.........
I understand what you are trying to convey Mr. Brown!!! You see... I have not crossed 140, not cause I am not capable but the leangth of good straight roads are very small... and we dont have track here either!! I was hoping that If I can get turbo / big bore on my bike... with the current avialable distance... I can reach higher speed!! Get it bro...
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

I don't really care about top speed on my bike, all I care about is the sensation of acceleration. And there's definitely no better way to get that sensation than with a turbo.

Top speed runs can be fun now and then, but its a good way to lose your lisense and things start happening awfully fast. I've had my bike up to 160+mph, which is a decent amount faster than its capable of stock, and I'm sure its capable of going faster.....but its just not my thing.

I have trouble keeping my lisense as it is
tounge.gif

Not trying to flame you here Shenyop, but if I recall you once siad that you've never taken your bike over 140mph. My question is why spend money on performance upgrades, if you haven't yet realized the full potential of what you've got? IMO, that money would be better spent on suspension/brake/cosmetic upgrades. that being said, Lee's performance, Carpenter racing and your beloved Muzzy's all offer big bore kits.........
I understand what you are trying to convey Mr. Brown!!! You see... I have not crossed 140, not cause I am not capable but the leangth of good straight roads are very small... and we dont have track here either!! I was hoping that If I can get turbo / big bore on my bike... with the current avialable distance... I can reach higher speed!! Get it bro...
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
If that's your goal, nitrous is the best bang for the buck, hands down......

definitely... spray is the best way to go if you wanna get some extra speed on your straights.

Mr Brown with the nitrous and Stunnah with the Big Bore are valid alternatives, but for what you're looking for, then nitrous is the way to go and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than any of the other alternatives.

hello shenoy,
iam basically from chennai,but now i live in mass
i used to drive a yezdi and bullet 500 and my regular mechanic used to retrofit and work with turbos etc.do u want me to find more details and that way i can pass the number and you can talk directly with him. in the meanwhile let me contact him and find details listing your specs and requirements

hello shenoy,
iam basically from chennai,but now i live  in mass
i used to drive a yezdi and bullet 500  and my regular mechanic used to retrofit and work with turbos etc.do u want me to find more details and that way i can pass the number and you can talk directly with him. in the meanwhile let me contact him and find details listing your specs and requirements
Any input is much appriciated
biggrin.gif

...Im more inclined to go Turbo than Big Bore!! As adviced... NOS is also a good option... but still inclined towards a Turbo!!

Based on your location, I would go with motor Mods.

Heads cams (easy to send out)
full pipes should get you around 180-184hp thn do a Dry NOS spary of 20 hp hit.

these bike were not made for turbo kits. you need to modify stuff to get them to run right. if you don't you will blow your motor so fast it will make your head spin.

first off is the fuel issue. you need a larger fuel pump. i don't think they make a large enough replacement pump that will go in the tank. it will have to be aftermarket external.

next you need a fuel management unit (fmu). this is a variable regulator that allows a certain amount of flow. these are about the most major things.

all kits that i know of (without modification) (besides the ghetto kit) require a big hole to be cut in your fairing for an air filter.

next off your muzzy exhaust will need to be modified highly to get it to fit on a turbo. the incoming angle of pipe isn't even close to bolting right up. so unless you have someone that is a good welder that i would just get rid of the pipe.

next would be tuning. tuning is an essential part of the equation. even with a perfect install, without a good tuning your motor could run lean and blow up.
if you have no good turbo tuners around the area or someone that knows how to dyno and tune bikes i would forget it. its not worth the risk in my opinion.

next off your muzzy exhaust will need to be modified highly to get it to fit on a turbo. the incoming angle of pipe isn't even close to bolting right up. so unless you have someone that is a good welder that i would just get rid of the pipe. [/QUOTE]

Yup that I figured out... so I'm ok with loosing the muzzy exhaust system!! The other risks involved with going turbo... especially the tuning part is making me sway back and forth...

To turbo... or not to turbo, That is the question
blush.gif
tounge.gif

...My mechanic friend... fits turbo's on cars, and he does a pretty good job of it!!!

...but then again I dunno how different it is to fit a turbo kit on a busa... as compared to a car. I also read some members saying that the stage I ghetto kit, if installed correctly only requires motohead's pc3 map to work perfectly at low boosts.

whats your call on that fstbusa/NE
rock.gif

yeah my ghetto kit run killer!!!!!!

if you get everything installed right... he'll send you his map and with 6lbs of boost you should be easily at around 225hp and be a great riding machine.

if you could find a dyno tuner, he could tweak motorhead's map to make it perfect for your bike.
smile.gif

otherwise motorhead will tell you over the phone how to adjust the map if you have any issues with it.
smile.gif

smile.gif

...My mechanic friend... fits turbo's on cars, and he does a pretty good job of it!!!

...but then again I dunno how different it is to fit a turbo kit on a busa... as compared to a car. I also read some members saying that the stage I ghetto kit, if installed correctly only requires motohead's pc3 map to work perfectly at low boosts.

rock.gif
When I first (years ago) went to a great group of car guys. Actually 2 different groups. They are not even close, it is different for a bike. Now that is not to say that either or can do the job, but the tunning again is way different.

i am sure that MotorHead(or other companies) can get you up and going. However like I said before in your area you may be better as I previously stated earlier.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121504692 -->

rock.gif
When I first (years ago) went to a great group of car guys.  Actually 2 different groups.  They are not even close, it is different for a bike. Now that is not to say that either or can do the job, but the tunning again is way different.

i am sure that MotorHead(or other companies) can get you up and going.  However like I said before in your area you may be better as I previously stated earlier.
Thanks for the input NE!! I know ... your advice not to go turbo makes a lot of sense... but, some where deep down withing... i have a itching desire to go turbo
blush.gif

I think I'll take my chances and go turbo... anyway if things do go wrong, I'm pretty confident that I have you guys to show me the way to get out of my troubles
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|shenoyp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121547240 -->

if you get everything installed right... he'll send you his map and with 6lbs of boost you should be easily at around 225hp and be a great riding machine.

if you could find a dyno tuner, he could tweak motorhead's map to make it perfect for your bike.
smile.gif

otherwise motorhead will tell you over the phone how to adjust the map if you have any issues with it.
smile.gif
Thanks for the input mate
biggrin.gif

...I sent them a eMail asking for some clarifications regarding the kit. Not yet received a reply from them. Do you think I should be contacting motorhead directly
rock.gif

Can you share his eMail and contact details with me? Can I give your reference when I'm dealing with him
rock.gif

Let me know... and Thanks in advance for all the help
bowdown.gif

smile.gif

rock.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
Thanks for the input mate
biggrin.gif

...I sent them a eMail asking for some clarifications regarding the kit. Not yet received a reply from them. Do you think I should be contacting motorhead directly
rock.gif

Can you share his eMail and contact details with me? Can I give your reference when I'm dealing with him
rock.gif

Let me know... and Thanks in advance for all the help
bowdown.gif
dennis clanton
themotorhead@aol.com

cell # 216-798-1958

8606 denison ave
Cleveland Ohio

I don't care if you use my name as a reference.
if you do just tell him Travis from iowa with the 40th Ann busa.

He is short sometimes on answers as he is SUPER busy all the time. If you ever seen his shop he usually has about 35-50 bikes all torn apart at once working on all of them.

These are just his normal repairs and then he ALWAYS has guys coming in for turbo installs.
smile.gif

smile.gif

rock.gif

smile.gif

Ive been wanting to go turbo for quite some time also. I've been doing research on the velocity, ghetto, hahn and NLR kits. So far I've narrowed my selections down to Velocity, Ghetto and if I can afford it someday NLR. AS far as the Ghetto kit, do any of you reside in southern california and know of a dealer that carries them? Or do I have to order the kit from dennis and do the install myself and bring it to a tuner and dynotune it? I like the velocity kit too but it seems that you do get more with the Ghetto kit as well.

Back