I want a TURBO

Speed Costs... how fast do you want to go?

I have heard it said that you should figure to spend $100 per 1rwhp.

Obvious Exceptions:
Nitrous = 40hp @ $400 (give or take a couple of hundred) and you are at 1rwhp = $10
However, there are inherent limitations and benefitswith this solution.
Cost of entry is low... as is potential.

Turbo = 100hp @ $5K (give or take a couple of thousand) and you are at 1rwhp = $50
However, there are inherent limitations and benefits with this solution as well.
Cost of entry is higher... as is potential.

Real World Example:
I run a 6lb spring in the waste gaste.
With lowered compression I have dyno'd at 210hp (probably the lowest I have ever seen on a Turbo bike).
I have a 2-stage boost controller that allows me to adjust the secondary boost levels, actuated by a switch on the bars (the hazard switch).

When I am tooling around town, 210hp is fine.
When I want more... I ask myself a couple of questions:
How much more boost do I want?
How much more risk am I willing to take?

My bike is safe on pump gas to 12psi.
That is roughly 300hp.

If I feel the desire to be more risky, I can turn the boost up higher.
I have water injection and run race gas anytime I go above 10psi.

To date, I have run 15psi with no problems... no idea on the HP numbers... but it is quite impressive.
The down side, I am going to blow the bike up with my stock bottom end if I am not careful.
wink.gif

Truth be told... I turned the adjuster the wrong way the other day... tried to turn the boost down... accidentally cranked it up
blush.gif

Back to my point... you can't just turn a screw and / or flip a switch so easily with nitrous and / or a big bore kit and add an additional 100hp.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111076512 -->

You do have a very valid point there NJ....

Now you have got me thinking
smile.gif
I didnt mean to rain all over your parade, it seems to me if you did do the deal, you would spend more time waiting than riding, I've got my NX wet kit here, I'm not putting it on while I'm over here in the middle of no where, parts are really expensive here and I dont like the wait that comes from ordering from the U.S.Just some thngs to consider. NJ.

Back