Need Assistance Turbo - Newbie

mvanlone

Registered
I have a 2007 Hayabusa, I live in columbus, Ohio and not the gifted person with tinkering with turbos. Anyone on here can recommend a good stage 2 turbo system and is there anyone here close by that could put this on my bike and what would that cost of putting that turbo kit on cost? Where do you recommend on getting this turbo kit at?

Velocity Racing. They are located in Lexington, Kentucky. You might also want to talk with Pinky, I know He has installed several systems. Both of the above understand the world of "BOOST"

I personally Vote RCC for turbo kits. and good customer service. As for installers in your area i can't help you. But bare minimum you will defiantly need a spacer to run the stage 2 a built motor would be best but that will be about as close to what the turbo kit will cost you possibly. Install i think could be done for $1000 but i could be wrong and allot of them places will tune it for you also.

I don't live in your area so I can't suggest an installer, but I do have some comments/suggestions.

The bike will need a quality installation and a quality tune if you want it to run correctly (and last). Don't skimp on either. Saving money now will cost you in the future. Do some searches on this forum for "turbo" "blown head gasket" "problem" etc. You get the point. If you want your bike to live you will need to do "other work" besides bolting on a turbo. Pistons, maybe rods, spacer, fuel pump, clutch mods, valve mods, and lots of other potential mods. I have an RCC stage 1. It runs as smooth as stock (idles smooth, throttle response is crisp, no backfire or surging, etc.). Of course it has more power. :laugh:

Do your homework. Expect it to cost more than you originally though. Do it right so you can be happy with it.

Good luck.

up to 300-350hp with a spacer, studs and adj cam spockets

300-315 you can run a spacer and sprockets. No need for studs.

True stage 2 kit should exceed these numbers...then you should need add rods. IF you are adding rods, you might as well add pistons and be done with it.

Yes Velocity stage 2/mcxpress/rcc etc you can get by with the spacer only but then again you aren't maxxing out the kit either.

Most of the stage 2 kits are pretty much bolt on's and very little need for any tuning. I know my velocity kit was never tuned. AF was dead on.

if a short drive is ok i can help with install and have a few dynos near me that i know the tuners and they are very capable of doing the tuning if any is required

If your close enough go with Pinky (chris) he's your best bet as far as stage1 or 2 go with the stage 2 and a 6lbs spring in the gate and leave it alone, then when your ready for more, you will have to take comp out at least a spacer or spacer/pistons and if you keep it under 15lbs of boost your stock rods should be ok

Back