I want a good turbo kit

busa_rider83

Registered
Hey guys, I'm looking for a turbo kit that will go best with a stock busa with just a power commander USB. I have seen alot of kits and leaning toward a velocity racing kit any help or suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

All I can do is pass on the advice that Stunnah and a few others gave me. Besides the quality of the kit itself, makes sure that you have access to a great installer and a great tuner.

Velocity or Ghetto you want go wrong...I think Velocity has corrected the issue they had with running the oil a bit low...Dennis is super with helping in any way that he can and I'm not even a customer of his...Quality install and tuning is just as important if not more than the system that you choose...If your not doing the install yourself your tuner had better be close...

I would ask "Why a Turbo?" Damn near Every turbo Busa I have ever come across has cost it's owner 2 or 3 times the initial outlay in broken/burnt parts and lots of downtime. I think their may be a couple of exceptions but otherwise just from what I've read and seen over the last few years on the boards Turbo's live a short and troubled life unless they are just idled around...

Not trying to stir anything up with Clearwater or Stungun, just what I've noticed... So just make certain you can bankroll the Turbo and the resultant breakage.
wink.gif

80 % of the breakages are operator error truthfully not the turbo's fault just like they blame nitrous.If you don't know the fundementals behind any system don't try and work on it yourself cause you THINK you know the problem take it to someone that does and your turbo or nitrous system will last you forever and not cost you a dime more than the original install.It's when people want more boost,more power without the right components and pudsh the envelope problems happpen.You don't build a competition stero system with a Alpine deck and Kraco speakers do you?Think of your bike motor and system the same way..I hope I didn't offend anyone but calling a spade a spade here is all.
wink.gif

Use The Map Barry gives you,set your fuel pressure right,set your rising rate and the only problems you'll have are burnt clutch plates and the need for upgraded brakes.:)

Back