Turbo Selection

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Im kinda swaying to and fro... to Turbo, or not to Turbo. Last time I posted I didnt get too many clear replies... so here we go again!

Requirement: 200 RWHP (Not greedy)

Can someone suggest me a kit that -

a) Requires minimum stock parts replacement
b) Retain my exsisting Muzzy Full exhaust system
c) Easy to fit (Remember I live in INDIA, so Id have to do lot of the job myself or with the help of a mechanic friend)
d) Reliable (Again I live in INDIA. Huge process to get spares if its not reliable)

Well... am I asking for too much
rock.gif

Please be frank with your opinions...
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance
bowdown.gif

PS: I have come across this kit on the Net!! they claim that it fits stock... any of you know about it, or have one on your bikes
rock.gif

LINK: http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turboby....usa.htm

rock.gif

Im kinda swaying to and fro... to Turbo, or not to Turbo. Last time I posted I didnt get too many clear replies... so here we go again!

Requirement: 200 RWHP (Not greedy)

Can someone suggest me a kit that -

a) Requires minimum stock parts replacement
b) Retain my exsisting Muzzy Full exhaust system
c) Easy to fit (Remember I live in INDIA, so Id have to do lot of the job myself or with the help of a mechanic friend)
d) Reliable (Again I live in INDIA. Huge process to get spares if its not reliable)

Well... am I asking for too much
rock.gif

Please be frank with your opinions...
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance
bowdown.gif

PS: I have come across this kit on the Net!! they claim that it fits stock... any of you know about it, or have one on your bikes
rock.gif

LINK: http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turboby....usa.htm
now a supercharger kit would allow you most of your list though.

rock.gif

now a supercharger kit would allow you most of your list though. [/QUOTE]

Which one do you suggest mate
rock.gif

Have you done much research on the ghetto turbo Shen?
Lots of info .
Like S4L said, to keep the muzzy you would have to have the exhaust custom made.

Lots of info .
Like S4L said, to keep the muzzy you would have to have the exhaust custom made.
He could use PART of the exhaust with pretty much ANY kit. BUT it'd need to be cut up and welded on. 2 1/4" piping would highly restrict any kit BUT his expectations are pretty low anyway. (200hp)

Thank you pipefighter... ill check out that link!!
smile.gif

...do you have a link for the TTS Supercharger suzuki4life
rock.gif

Lots of info .
He could use PART of the exhaust with pretty much ANY kit. BUT it'd need to be cut up and welded on. 2 1/4" piping would highly restrict any kit BUT his expectations are pretty low anyway. (200hp)
If I were to give up hope on retaining the current exhaust system... would your suggestion still be the TTS suzuki4life
rock.gif

My bike dyno'd over 200 hp with the uppipe blown off. So not sure if trying to restrict a turbosystem to such low boost is even a good idea. I personally would say if you chose a turbo to let it run at its max comfortable level on pump gas and add water injection for security. (6lbs 250ish hp)

Lots of info .
If I were to give up hope on retaining the current exhaust system... would your suggestion still be the TTS suzuki4life
rock.gif
to TTS supercharger.

If you only want 200hp I would suggest a bore kit...Since you live so far having a reliable tuner has got to be a nightmare...A bore kit will put you right in the range of hp that your looking for...Like Pipe and 4life stayed just a basic turbo will put you way over 200...Velocity, Ghetto even Hahn maybe a good choice...

I agree with what Stunnah said. Not knocking the mechanics in India, but it is even difficult to find good turbo folks here in the U.S.

If you only want 200hp I would suggest a bore kit...Since you live so far having a reliable tuner has got to be a nightmare...A bore kit will put you right in the range of hp that your looking for...Like Pipe and 4life stayed just a basic turbo will put you way over 200...Velocity, Ghetto even Hahn maybe a good choice...
Stunna if im goign for a big bore kit... will I have to change the stroke also, or just the header and the pistons
rock.gif
You suggest anything perticular !!! Would I have to change the mapping to compensate for the big bore...

Which kit do you suggest stunnha
rock.gif

rock.gif

Stunna if im goign for a big bore kit... will I have to change the stroke also, or just the header and the pistons
rock.gif
You suggest anything perticular !!! Would I have to change the mapping to compensate for the big bore...

Which kit do you suggest stunnha
rock.gif
You wont have to change anything BUT your map, you will need a map for the big bore setup, shouldnt be that hard to find a map, there are many guys on .org and sh.org with bigbores.I think you will also have to change your battery or charging system, PM suzukiforlife in this regard. NJ.

rock.gif

Why would the battery or the charging system have to be changed if I go big bore NJ
rock.gif

...Anybody can suggest me a good big bore kit
rock.gif

rock.gif

Not trying to flame you here Shenyop, but if I recall you once siad that you've never taken your bike over 140mph. My question is why spend money on performance upgrades, if you haven't yet realized the full potential of what you've got? IMO, that money would be better spent on suspension/brake/cosmetic upgrades. that being said, Lee's performance, Carpenter racing and your beloved Muzzy's all offer big bore kits.........

Back