Tuning nightmare

Builder said all other gaps were perfect, they measured. - I did not ask what the gap amount was but will try. I did see the jugs while I went down there a couple days ago. All cylinders looked great even the one with the messed up piston. It just needs a quick hone and all set.
Hi. Are you going to run any E85, VP C85, X98 or M1? Look in to Total Seal rings. That is what I will be using.

Builder said all other gaps were perfect, they measured. - I did not ask what the gap amount was but will try. I did see the jugs while I went down there a couple days ago. All cylinders looked great even the one with the messed up piston. It just needs a quick hone and all set.
soooooo... its back together and got past the dyno? U have the ultra plenum? did u run 20 pounds through it?

i was wondering also... he is the only other guy with a RCC ULTRA plenum on here, and i wanted to see what the 18 pounds of boost made for power with a stock head...... or even 20 pounds of boost, RCC says u can go up to 20 pounds of boost on pump gas... i only ran 18. and got 393.. BUT, its got a cnc comp ported head/ larger valves and turbo cams, i figure ALL that headwork was worth maybe 13HP with the redline set where its at, it seems to want more RPMS.... would LOVE to see what the stockish head made for power and where the power drops off, this motor NEVER dips off in power, its still pulling at 11000 rpms...
I wouldn’t know where mine drops off yet, but on the paperwork it was still going up slowly at 11k but then it shuts off to save it.

No I didn’t get the ams2000 yet. I just have it set with a little thing to hold it where it is. Ams2000 or Maxx Ecu is the next decision.
Your tune is there
I would stay away from the Maxx Ecu until there is nothing left to do on the bike

Boost controller makes sense but don't you have the AMS1000 on it?
What limitations are you encountering with the 1000 to justify the change?

I don’t have any boost controller other than a static one currently. I’m not sure where I’m going next so I’m going to ride it like this for a year and then make changes next winter. I’m guessing ams2000 because why not? It’s only money.

I think my next purchase may be the Scott Davis Ultra kit to be a bit safer on pump. I’m trying to decide if I want to go to a Gen 2 ecu and wiring or what. Either way I will ride it as she sits this year and decide next.

I wouldn’t use a NLR boost controller. The Base Fuel table is also called the Volumetric Efficiency table and characterizes the engines air flow. As the engine flows more air you increase the numbers in the table to provide more fuel.

Why add a boost controller that will dramatically increase air without the ability to accurately adjust fuel to match.

For me a standalone does all of this in one unit. Specifically Fueltech for me, it does everything. The stock Gen 3 uses a 6 axis Bosch IMU to read vehicle position and the FT has a 9 axis IMU built in which provides wheelie control along with bunch of other features needed to harness the power these beasts make.

Holley guys will use an external accelerometer like this:

These are just my thoughts and I’m not saying you should do anything other than use them as food for thought.

ECD413A5-013F-47B9-B047-9049A67BCB18.png

I wouldn’t use a NLR boost controller. The Base Fuel table is also called the Volumetric Efficiency table and characterizes the engines air flow. As the engine flows more air you increase the numbers in the table to provide more fuel.

Why add a boost controller that will dramatically increase air without the ability to accurately adjust fuel to match.

For me a standalone does all of this in one unit. Specifically Fueltech for me, it does everything. The stock Gen 3 uses a 6 axis Bosch IMU to read vehicle position and the FT has a 9 axis IMU built in which provides wheelie control along with bunch of other features needed to harness the power these beasts make.

Holley guys will use an external accelerometer like this:

These are just my thoughts and I’m not saying you should do anything other than use them as food for thought.

View attachment 1660536
he has a secondary fuel controller on his bike fueling will be okay at varied boost levels

Tuner still getting the baseline map going. Gave me a ring last night said he thinks there may be a bad sensor or electrical fault someone. Going to let me know today. Ideas?

What sensor did he say? What should we be looking at with the video?

Back