Making 6 psi now, what’s needed for 15-20?

Jake whitebird

Registered
Inquiring with powerhouse, and my tuner. As she sits, 6 psi unopened 08 making 256/118 ecu editor and ecu reflashed. Top end kit in the works, pistons valves etc. but can I increase boost there, or does that just make my 6 safer? If I do rods as well, I was leaning towards like a 15psi street monster then whatever is allowable on gen 2 injectors for track mode, like on a map switch. Let me know if I’m even on the right path here!
6D41726C-3D84-4263-BA81-9D8D9B706EF0.jpeg
6D41726C-3D84-4263-BA81-9D8D9B706EF0.jpeg

If you're going to open the motor up might as well get the other stuff done.
Rods
Bigger head studs
Pistons and valves as you said
Stronger clutch springs.
Slave support.
I'd go with bigger injectors it's not that expensive.
Intercool it. While water injection is ok intercooling IMO you can run more boost on pump gas

This is the route I went and couldn't be happier. Bike pushes 20psi and doesn't break a sweat.

In regards to your question about top end making your 6 psi safer...a drop in compression from the new Pistons will have less chance of detonation. Just intercool it don't ever have to worry about it again and you can turn the boost way the F up

Where the hell do you fit an IC on this thing lol radiator is being cut now. Springs are in with welded mod, and support is on as well.

Intercooler is built into the plenum. The heat exchanger goes in front of the radiator and is about 1/3 the size of the radiator. Go to RCCs website and look at the intercooler. Excellent piece of work.

at 4 grand(intercooler).... that's a lot of money... he could get his whole motor built for that money.... then save up for the intercooler.... HELL... if money is no object.. get a super ultra kit... done... 40 lbs of boost.... IMHO.. call frank and have a conversation... hes a great mind when it comes to this stuff and IMHO a great tuner... tell him what u gotr for money and what your plans are.... plan it out...

I bought a bike with an ultra kit on it... and its waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy over my head.. thank god Frank is honest... he could tell me just about anything and id believe it... get with the best right now before its too late and you cant talk him into getting involved,

If you're going to open the motor up might as well get the other stuff done.
Rods
Bigger head studs
Pistons and valves as you said
Stronger clutch springs.
Slave support.
I'd go with bigger injectors it's not that expensive.
Intercool it. While water injection is ok intercooling IMO you can run more boost on pump gas

This is the route I went and couldn't be happier. Bike pushes 20psi and doesn't break a sweat.

In regards to your question about top end making your 6 psi safer...a drop in compression from the new Pistons will have less chance of detonation. Just intercool it don't ever have to worry about it again and you can turn the boost way the F up
up to about 20 pounds of boost... beyond that c16....

Inquiring with powerhouse, and my tuner. As she sits, 6 psi unopened 08 making 256/118 ecu editor and ecu reflashed. Top end kit in the works, pistons valves etc. but can I increase boost there, or does that just make my 6 safer? If I do rods as well, I was leaning towards like a 15psi street monster then whatever is allowable on gen 2 injectors for track mode, like on a map switch. Let me know if I’m even on the right path here!View attachment 1578563View attachment 1578563
hey man would like to ask u a question about your turbo if u could give me a call 8435163353 darrell

Back