Turbo Overheating Problems Fixed!!!

Youkai

Registered
Well if you guys remember, my busa kept overheating after full boost runs.  It was confirmed the stock cylinder head bolts were stretching, restricting the coolant flow and overheating the engine.  I had a minor blown head gasket and with all this still made 248.8 whp.  

I underwent surgery and tore down the motor myself.  This was over a month long ordeal (1 day to drop the motor, 1 day to tear down the motor to the pistons, 2 weeks for parts, 2 weeks for machining the block & cylinder head, 2 days to get the bike back together and running, & 1 1/2 weeks for tuning).  New parts were promod studs & nuts, cometic head gasket, & replaced some corroded bolts with stainless steel bolts.  

I was at the tuner tonight and made a final number of 250 whp and after consecutive runs the bike was at normal operating temps.  Tomorrow I get the bike back from the tuner to clean and ride all weekend long.  
cheerleader.gif

beerchug.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

Can you tell I am excited?  Huge thanks to the org for identifying the problem and recommending fixes!

btw, there is no such thing as a "minor blown head gasket" there is blown and then there is "torched"
smile.gif
glad you found the issue...

Back