trust in bike

Don't forget she's a little harder to slow and correct then your previous bikes. I got here pretty deep (according to spectators) this weekend. Wasn't dragging, but wasn't falling either. GL.

You're from Istanbul Turkey?? Dude...Head down to the new F1 track and have a BLASSSTT!!
smile.gif

Like many have said take your time, if your on the street don't ride to 100% go only to 80% of your ability just incase something is around that corner.
What ever you do don't follow someone else's line into the corner, a very quick way to get yourself into trouble.

Good luck and enjoy the bike.

(Over_Easy @ Aug. 01 2007,19:39) You used the word "mistrust" which I completely understand. The bike will handle better for it's size more than you think it will. It will take time but have confidence in the machine...especially with good tires.
ı'm over 2.500 mile (4000km) and ı clearly say that the key word is tire. I put her a gpr steering damper which is very weird at the beginning but a magic touch in corners and highway after break-in. Now ı'm planning to change the tires with metzeler m3 probably the best tire can buy here ı guess

"What ever you do don't follow someone else's line into the corner" this is a very common principle we use here, becouse riding a bike in istanbul is much like a walking in a mine field not just the bikes cornering characteristic much more unlikely things may happen and that's why ı start to practice emergency braking which she response well but needs mods at high speeds

I hope I am not out of line by suggesting to learn how to counter steer. Makes the twisties much more fun, but it is a skill that has to be learned and honed. This is the by far the biggest bike I have have owned, and I am having to learn its characteristics, clutch feel, throttle response, bike weight, and braking stability.

remember to look and lean , no matter what speed you are doing. Just take your time and NEVER play catch up with others .

(pamas @ Jun. 27 2007,09:05) thanks for golden advices, ý used to ride supert sport bikes before (1000rr, gsx-r1000 etc and maybe looking for same cornering dinamics in busa however ý need more practice with throttle ý guess and maybe same minor mods to steering damper will be help full for a trustfull cornering
Wow you rode a 1K GIXXER RR's and you want to make a stock O6 Busa with stock tires / suspesion etc do what they did! A Busa needs a bit of weight on her to make it do close to that! You need to get some stuff done., and talk to those like the VMan. Less than 200Lbs set the adjustments and get some sticky tires for a start.
beerchug.gif

I distinctly recall being very timid when I picked up my Hayabusa for at least a few weeks. It was brand new, fresh out of the crate. The sight of those shiny new tires freaked me out. Every turn I made scared me. I had no confidence in the tires until they were scuffed up really good. After that, I started to build trust in the tires. Nothing compared to the trust I gained this past weekend at my first track day though. I learned more about the limits of my bike in a 20 minute track session than I ever learned in the preceding year of ownership. It can do waaaaaayyyyyy more than I have the guts to do. On this one hairpin turn, I thought I was only inches off the ground. After reviewing the track photographer pictures of me in that turn, I had miles to go before I even came close to scraping anything. Sure felt like I was close though.

Last edited:
I have the same year model and color as u bea. I felt the same way....especially w/ the bridgstones. But, after about 2000k, I had gotten fairly comfy with the bike and tires, and my confidence in the machine was 100%. At that point I started really focusing on my cornering technique. Knowing the bike was capable, and VERY stable, the only thing that broke my concentration during cornering was my toe slider touching the road!! Man, I mean to tell you, it really startled me the first time it happened, because I was 100% focused on my line of sight and the corner exit, the bike felt so smooth and natural through the corners, that I was not aware of how far leaned over I was. That level of confidence was @ 2k. The stones stuck great, and when I replaced them last month (at 4800 miles), I had no chicken strip left on the rear.

Last month I had the tires replaced w/ Michelin PP 2ct and have about 300 miles on them. HUGE difference in the way the bike handles through the twisties, and the feedback is greatly increased, especially through the front end. I still do not have the same confidence level as I did w/ the stones, but I am not well enough acquainted w/ the new tires yet to refocus my energy on technique, but a couple more miles, and some sharp turns on good clean road it should not be a problem...started out slow and working my way back to extreme lean.

One thing I would definitely recommend to anyone is to set their suspension up with the instructions posted by Jinkster.....I did this @ 4k, and it felt like a different bike....turn in, feedback, and the way the bike felt more "composed" and planted through the apex. I feel like either this year, or beginning of next year, I will be heading to the track to explore the bike a little more.

Find 4 on off ramps at the highway that form a four leaf clover and just keep riding it for an hour or so. Practice all the things you've heard and bump your speed up 1 mph at a time. You'll be railing in no time.:thumbsup:

Take it a little at a time. The most common solo bike accident is in corners by new bikers or old bikers on new bikes. You have to take it a little at a time; there's no rush.

At the beginning, it is not necessary to try to hang off the side of the bike. In fact, just ride it slow through corners and do the usual: Keep your head up, eyes looking through to the end of the turn, focus on staying smooth and keeping good maintenance throttle.

As you get more and more smooth, your confidence will increase but still, don't overdo it. Keep control. If you're practicing on the streets and canyons, always stay below 70% of your ability. Above all, if you're riding in a group, just go your own pace. If you try to keep up with more experienced riders, you're playing with fire and you're going to get burned.

Those are the basics. Most important of all, stay alive to ride another day!

--Wag--

Perfectly said. The only thing I could add is that, instead of turning the handle bar, simply push down on the bar in the direction you want to go.

if you are dragging hard parts through the corners , doubt its your ability in question, checck your tire presures and also if they are squared off from highway travel

ı'm a fresh rookie in site, ı've bought a brand new busa a month ago, during the break-in period ı work for getting used to her but ı've a real mistrust with hard cornering ı need some opinion and advices,.

Take your time if you like...but trust me...the busa may be a big girl but once on the roll?...she can dance like a ballerina...preforming the "Asphault Ballet"...and while in the technical twisties respect must be given to the big girls weight problem?...such can be easily given via smooooth inputs from her master...and are there paybacks for this carrying this extra load?....yes sir...and they come by way of....

"ULTRA-STABLE HIGH-SPEED...STABILITY"

as in...at about a buck eighty + ?...ya still feel like yer riding the disney monorail...it's "THAT"....uhem..."stable".

Run a pair of michelin pilots or?....(and my fav)...dunlop qualifiers...38psi up front and 40 in the rear...and with a well tuned suspension?...you'll be grinding the toes off yer boots and looking for aftermarket rearsets within a week...

did i just say that?... :whistle:

hmmm...guess i did....yeah me.... :thumbsup:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
Back