trust in bike

pamas

Registered
ı'm a fresh rookie in site, ı've bought a brand new busa a month ago, during the break-in period ı work for getting used to her but ı've a real mistrust with hard cornering ı need some opinion and advices,.

Take it a little at a time. The most common solo bike accident is in corners by new bikers or old bikers on new bikes. You have to take it a little at a time; there's no rush.

At the beginning, it is not necessary to try to hang off the side of the bike. In fact, just ride it slow through corners and do the usual: Keep your head up, eyes looking through to the end of the turn, focus on staying smooth and keeping good maintenance throttle.

As you get more and more smooth, your confidence will increase but still, don't overdo it. Keep control. If you're practicing on the streets and canyons, always stay below 70% of your ability. Above all, if you're riding in a group, just go your own pace. If you try to keep up with more experienced riders, you're playing with fire and you're going to get burned.

Those are the basics. Most important of all, stay alive to ride another day!

--Wag--

thanks for golden advices, ı used to ride supert sport bikes before (1000rr, gsx-r1000 etc and maybe looking for same cornering dinamics in busa however ı need more practice with throttle ı guess and maybe same minor mods to steering damper will be help full for a trustfull cornering

Due Jinkster's mod, and the steering dampner mod. This will both help out alot , and as Wag said just take your time. You will eventually see that the busa will handle well in the corners. Good luck.

With your experience, just treat it like a big 1000- it will lean until it scrapes hard parts (try a set of raising links to raise rear 1" and have quicker turn-in and more ground clearance).

As stated above, gradually increase corner speed until you learn where the limit is.

This bike has a lot of torque and a very responsive throttle, so be careful on those exits.

Best advice, don't do what others do until you are comfortable with your bike and yourself. The busa can handle just as good as any liter bike. I have plenty of buddies that ride smaller bikes and I kill them in the corners all day. The weight of the busa makes cornering at higher speeds better (for me at least) don't feel like its going to kick out from in under me. Just take it slow and practice, practice, pratice. If you are trying to master something, the best things to do is study and practice.
But most of all be safe
beerchug.gif

Like the others above said, set-up the suspension and take your time.

And if you get into a corner too hot, DON'T PANIC!!  Look and lean.

Its been said before, but I think its worth saying again. Work on being smooth, and the speed will come.

And
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
where in the world are you from?

(BusaWhipped @ Jul. 02 2007,20:11) Its been said before, but I think its worth saying again. Work on being smooth, and the speed will come.

And
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
where in the world are you from?
with more practice ı'm getting used to her by the way ı'm writing from istanbul/turkey greetings to every one
biggrin.gif

(Shibumi @ Jul. 02 2007,15:59) With your experience, just treat it like a big 1000- it will lean until it scrapes hard parts (try a set of raising links to raise rear 1" and have quicker turn-in and more ground clearance).

As stated above, gradually increase corner speed until you learn where the limit is.
you are definetly right but what ı did to my previous bike (1000rr) is lowering the front end about 3 cm (metric) equals to 1.2 or 1.3 inches which is really working but in busa you said raise the rear about 1 inch which is possible here, is really helpfull for sharp cornering and better ground clearance

try everything you know with one gear up .The beast will be as kind as possible.Also train yourself changing directions quick at high speeds cause she really needs "arms"for that
beerchug.gif

Like everyone said above, suspension. practice good throttle control, relax, countersteering, are just some of the things you can do to assist you. Take an MSF course to hone your skills.

Patience and it will come to you, and you will see how well the beast handles. Good luck!

(Wag @ Jun. 27 2007,03:01) Take it a little at a time.  The most common solo bike accident is in corners by new bikers or old bikers on new bikes.  You have to take it a little at a time; there's no rush.

At the beginning, it is not necessary to try to hang off the side of the bike.    In fact, just ride it slow through corners and do the usual:  Keep your head up, eyes looking through to the end of the turn, focus on staying smooth and keeping good maintenance throttle.  

As you get more and more smooth, your confidence will increase but still, don't overdo it.  Keep control.  If you're practicing on the streets and canyons, always stay below 70% of your ability.  Above all, if you're riding in a group, just go your own pace.  If you try to keep up with more experienced riders, you're playing with fire and you're going to get burned.

Those are the basics.  Most important of all, stay alive to ride another day!

--Wag--
Who are you calling 'old'?  
poke.gif

You, me, Rich, Charles, Ray, Jinks, Captain, etc. etc. You know. Us OLD fuggers.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(Wag @ Aug. 01 2007,19:05) You, me, Rich, Charles, Ray, Jinks, Captain, etc. etc.  You know.  Us OLD fuggers.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--
Hey now, I resemble that remark
pissed.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Rich, Chalres is on a roll tonight. What're we gonna do about it?

::):

--Wag--

You used the word "mistrust" which I completely understand. The bike will handle better for it's size more than you think it will. It will take time but have confidence in the machine...especially with good tires.

(Wag @ Aug. 01 2007,19:30) Rich, Chalres is on a roll tonight.  What're we gonna do about it?

::):

--Wag--
Just turn up the heat...butter melts
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back