TrackAddix Weekend  Me and WWJD WOW!!!

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
Well as WWJD and a few others know i've been wanting to get on a road course for over a year now but with Track school scheduleing and my scheduleing never seeming to work together i never had the chance to  
sad.gif
. Well this weekend was finnally it And man im so glad i did it i was just a fair busa rider before and i knew i needed improvment. So i signed up for the "TrackAddix Link"school. It may have been alittle spendy at $195 but for a half of day of class room time i thought it was worth it.

The start everyone off with the meeting at 8:30 and then you head to class and the rest of the riders such as WWJD head off for the track they had 2 diffrent session in the morning the slow and the fast.  Well anways off to class i go learn basic track eddicate, flags and track exit and entry also track layout . Ruffly 30 minute class well then off to the track to ride with the slow session. Insturctor in front and students behind. after each lap the insturcor pulls to the side has the student behind him do the same. Then the 2nd student inline moves up and follows the instructor and the other processds to the back.  This is for learning the lines of the track and getting us used to it. For me it was about riding at my normal level on the street.

After that 30 minute session its back to the classroom for more learning This time we go over Refrence points on the track and getting through the turns and of course more on the track layout. Once completed again back to the track this time though we pick up the pace some more and the instructor points out the refrence points on the track. we do a shuffle around again and then after that we are told to move ahead of the instructor and he is gona follow us to see how we are doing.  Well with this go around i'm leaning the bike much more then i have before and i was doing alotta peg grinding with the feelers so i needless to say i started falling back cause i was just grinding to much.

Pegsdown.jpg

Once again back to the class and the instructor helps me pull off my peg feelers. This time around we go over Hanging off the bike, and passing skills, and then again back to the track and repeat as i stated above. i was doing rather well now hanging off the bike but my lines needed improvment which i knew.

Back to the class room once again for the finals, Tires, how to crash, and such. Then back to the track and we are pretty much turned loose to go about the track and the instructors will ride around and follow us and check on us. Ihad the instructor flag me to follow him a couple times of course to learn my lines. which i was playing around more hanging off the bike and such.

Then back to the class room for out little certificates and we where let loose to go out for the rest of the day and play after of course we did the track walk at Lunch break at 1

Yahoo i passed yay

Passing.jpg

All and all i say the school was great i talked to WWJD later about the school he took with MAM the track provided school and i think the track addix school was definatly better.

I needed help with learning my lines and i noticed alot of it i wasn't looking far enought through the course once i got past that i was hitting it quite well. Would i do this over again Most Definatly.
Would i recommend it to others. MOST DEFINATLY.

They also had a Try the track program for 25 dollars you got class 30 minute class a walk the track and a 20 minute track session but all that was require for gear was a helmet and decent boots. basically very minimal gear definatly good from what i heard from others to get ya out there and they had alotta people take it also.

Now enought with the chatting it's on to the pictures

<!--EDIT|MidnightBusainSD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123515203 -->

Heading out the day before the track ready to roll
Gettinreadytoleave.jpg

Oh and gotta pimp the Condor and YOYO dynes

Pimpcondor.jpg

300 some odd miles later and 11 at night the motel

Motelarrival.jpg

With one room left Gee ya think i have enough room

Bigenough.jpg

Now just posing at the track

Berserk2.jpg

Gee wonder who this is
blues.gif

WWJDonthescene.jpg

the 2 super bikes ready for the track

TwoBusasReady.jpg

Just gotta love this action shot to bad it wasn't clearer
devil.gif

Greataction.jpg

Could use alittle more lean

turn11.jpg

There thats a bit better

Oooclose.jpg

By the end of the day i was still in good sprits alittle tired But i can say i definatly need some higher Rear sets check out my boots at the end of the day couldn't get them any higher on the pegs

Higherpegsyes.jpg

But if you see this tire ya might know why Look Ma No chicken strips
wow.gif

wowthatsover.jpg

Will ad i had an awesome time and it was fun Chasing WWJD around the track i have more room for improvment before i will keep up with him completly but i'm getting closer we both went through a tank and a half of gas that day i'm sure but it was all worth it and i will most definatly be heading back for another one even thought the distance is a good ways away it's completly worth it i'm telling ya anyone that has the chance to try this should you'll be amazed on how much you will improve
cool.gif

That's awesome. I've always thought about doing one of these schools. I'm sure this flatlander could learn quite a few things with the right instructions. I'll have to look into it come next year.

Very cool!!  Yikes that tire looks like the edges were coming apart, what's with that  
wow.gif

Maybe that's some chain rub on your tire.

Looks like you guys had an awesome time.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123515695 -->

Justin yes trust me being a flat lander also i found out all new ways to ride the busa there for the rest of the day i kinda took it easy and worked on my lines then at the end of the day i started to rip it up pretty good

Charlesbusa. yeah it looks like that but thats just how far over i got on the tire sometimes i never got a pic of it but the other side has a mark like that about half way around the tire.

One thing i will also say wow with learning about hanging off the bike the next day i had body parts hurting that i never knew could hurt before but i was still
biggrin.gif
from ear to ear

Sounds like a good tme. The track here offers courses like that but it is hard to find the free time to get there.

Sounds like a good tme. The track here offers courses like that but it is hard to find the free time to get there.
usmcbusa Yeah i know thats track me and WWJD where at was MAM just south of Omaha NE MAM has there own school which WWJD took and its on like thursdays and i took the trackaddix school which is on the weekends there and after compairing notes it sounds like the track addix school is better and it cost the same now used to cost $295 but covered alot more i was told granted if you take the MAM course you can do Moto Mania on thursday there but then you just as well have a dedicated track bike cause the pretty much require that

Great pics Todd! Way to go on the certificate also!
biggrin.gif
Frame it, and go hit the track again!!! I should have had you take a pic of the motel's "pool" It was HILARIOUS! Out back, one of those 8 foot diameter sheet metal feeding troughs, with a kids slide stuck into it! HAHAHAHAHHA Jeez, my room was HALF that size! I got ripped. Great tearing it up wiht you out there. It is amazing how much more you find in your bike in a track environment.... and in oneself!

They are doing a no sessions day in Septemeber....
biggrin.gif

Great day! Great riding with you, man! But I'm burnt like a lobster on Mercury!

biggrin.gif

Nitrous Junkie
i thought about it consider i did have the bottle on board but i didn't i actually never opened it up very much on the straights Greg can attest to that it was my time to relax and go over in my mind how my lines ran and how to hit them the next time around i never got hittin them hard till the end of the day which well you get mighty high on them triple didgits in them areas

greeneinc
yeah i know rearset will help with that and if i didn'thave such big feet size 14's make for a hinderance at times

Wow greg didn't even know there was a pool well the room may have been huge but the bathroom well that was a diffrent story ya thoughr for a room that size it woulda had a tub or something nope a stand up shower, sink and toilet and just about enough room to get aroud in it and well i hope you paid half the price then also i will definatly consider the september one for sure see what i'm doing might be cutting silage. and hopefully i'll have rear sets too that will probly help me decide if i'm gona add a bike to the stable like we talked about

geez your brave takin that paint job on a track... kudos!

I wouldn't have been able to bring myself to it.. haha scared me to death thinking of balling mine and I don't have 1/5th the money in paint you do I'd say.

Anyway... sounds like you had a blast.. now your addicted... get ready to hear your wallet whine like a little beeetch for all the stuff you now .. "NEED" haha.

geez your brave takin that paint job on a track... kudos!

I wouldn't have been able to bring myself to it.. haha scared me to death thinking of balling mine and I don't have 1/5th the money in paint you do I'd say.

Anyway... sounds like you had a blast.. now your addicted...  get ready to hear your wallet whine like a little beeetch for all the stuff you now .. "NEED" haha.
Yeah i know there was a running bet on how long i would last before my bike would be dumpped i never heard who won the bet though that was amoung the track addix instructures and a couple the team racers that where there.

ANd well hey i put the money and soul into the bike if i'm gona be afraid to ride it then what good is it in having.

And yes i know what you mean on the wallet and mods i was hopeing i woulda had the gills rearsets i ordered from Street N track already oh well hopefully for next time. and if i get more serious about it im haveing notions of selling my turbo bike and picking up a GSXR 750 or a liter bike this winter and doing some track mods to it but still keep it street rideable since well this is the closest track and it's over 300 miles away i may just keep slammin it on the busa . But i will definaly need to work out more ack the pain
biggrin.gif

And hey Greg how about the Topeka Track in OCT 17th it will be fresh paved man you know you wana get in on that don't ya? i can pick ya up in omaha so you don't have to ride all the way down

Back