My Track Day Yesterday

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
IT wasnt the normal track day you guys normall do. We had it on a small section of an air field about a half hour away. Pete Castanik, a California Superbike School instructor, was there giving us all kind of pointers and teaching us skills and watching us ride to tell us what to improve. Basically we had a coned off track that we rode around with all of our normal coaches who have attended instructor classes at the California superbike school watching us and pulling us aside for instruction. We had 3 groups of 7 that went out one group at a time doing whichever technique Pete wanted us to sharpen and got instruction as needed. When I got there, they put me with the cruiser group :wtf:. Needless to say, after constantly being faster than them and them holding me back for 2 sessions, Pete moved me to another group which I still kept up with the other sport bikes that were there no problem. I learned a lot and it was a great experience :thumbsup:. Gets me even more excited for the Two Day Camp coming up in August that is taught by California Superbike School for free (Superbike School :: Two-Day Camps). I ended up not getting on the one in May but I can confirmed for the one next month :cheerleader:

Heres a few pics, nothing special. I had an awesome time. I didnt get a knee down (I dont have riding pants with pucks and we didnt really have a track aimed at getting a knee down) but I did scrape a peg if that says anything :thumbsup:, I need to put feelers on my buell pegs so I dont scrape the pegs anymore :laugh:. I am going to force some of my Marines that ride to sign up for the track days and possibly the two day camp also. :laugh:

Pics did not upload :dunno:

IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

This was what the track looked like. I pulled a Frog with this one. The right side turn had the kind of turn where it is a consistent degree then gets sharper towards the end (my expert drawing may not show it well enough). For the life of me cant find the word right now. I knew it yesterday but I havent had my coffee this morning so I am blaming it on that :whistle:

track.jpg

I don't see any Pics?

You'll enjoy Keith's two day event and definately come home a more confident rider as a result of your efforts.

Oh and for attending a CSS sponsored event I get to purchase dunlop tires for super cheap. I think. He said some tire for 230 TYD and 360 TYD for the pro racing tires they use in AMA :thumbsup:. too bad i like my pirellis

Wow, I wish I had a boss that wanted to drag me off to track days...Glad you had a good time :thumbsup:

Oh and for attending a CSS sponsored event I get to purchase dunlop tires for super cheap. I think. He said some tire for 230 TYD and 360 TYD for the pro racing tires they use in AMA :thumbsup:. too bad i like my pirellis

When your done with your Pirelli's I highly recomend you check out those Q2's. I have so many good things to say about those tires Dunlop should be paying me. Best street/track tires you can run.

but I did scrape a peg if that says anything :thumbsup:, I need to put feelers on my buell pegs so I dont scrape the pegs anymore

If your hitting hard parts you should be scraping your knee. When I start grinding my pegs on the track I use it as an indicator my body position is off.

man that is awesome...i too wish i had a boss to drag me off to track days...oh wait im the boss...hmmmmm...

Back