Trackday pics Road Atlanta 11-19

Welcome to the addiction!   THanks for the pics.   Now you'll be selling your Busa, huh? ?   :p    
biggrin.gif
I really dont think so. I have a pile of suspension parts to instal over the winter. One of my friends who is a control rider with NESBA commented that I am really compressing the rear out of the turns.

I may just change the front springs and go from there. I am no where near of reaching the limit on the Busa on the track.

However a dedicated track bike would be fun. I just dont think I can talk the wifey into bike number 3 yet.....

That track is out of this world Kev. I had a great time there Labor Day and will have to do an actual track day there soon. Great facility.

NESBA will be back in May and again in November. It is a blast letting the Busa rip on the back straight.

Looks like you fellas had a great time!! I plan on doing track exclusively as soon as I get the full leathers+boots. I'd rather take my chances on the closed course vs. public roads/cagers.
Once you go you will be hooked!
Man!!! I can only imagine!!!
beerchug.gif

I'll be hitting up www.fasttrackriders.com and www.trackdaz.com

California Speedway is the next day scheduled near my home. They'll be doing the AMA track!!! Can't wait. Willow Springs is pretty outta control too from what I hear.

Once you start, you cant stop. As soon as the Nesba schedule come out, I will signing up for at least three.

so, vman, I know you rail on the sweepers and such... tell the boys and girls the differences you have found between street riding and track riding?

make sure you post that up for us.... I've been toying with getting a track bike and learning some more skills on the track
cool.gif

so, vman, I know you rail on the sweepers and such... tell the boys and girls the differences you have found between street riding and track riding?
There is no comparision.

I would hold back on the street(some may not say that
biggrin.gif
) for fear of a car, police or other danger. I have responsibilities that have to be meet so the fear of a BIG ticket, major crash due to a car in my lane was always in the back of my mind. Not to mention death.

At the track, I could charge hard and work on improving my skill level without some of the fears of street riding. I do know there is a danger with our beloved sport however that fear is greatly reduced by doing it at a track day under a controlled environment.

By the last two sessions at Road Atlanta I was riding harder than anywhere in my life. Pushing deeper into corners and spinning all the way from the apex out was such a great feeling.

There were times on the back straight, going from 1st gear at turn 8 all the way to the start of 6th gear, then banging 5 downshifts, hard on the brakes, real wheel sliding, backing in for turn 10a and 10b. Before the kink(turn 9) I was seeing speeds over 170 indicated on a quick glance.

Now the BIG question, "am I done riding fast on the street?" I think that answer is no. I will still be at the Gap a few times in 2006. I always try to ride within my limits at the Gap or any road, maintaining a good line with good braking points.

The next question "am I done trying to improve my skills on the street?" The answer to that is a resounding YES. I will reserve my track time to making me a smoother and therefore faster rider.

I know there are quite a few people who are afraid of track days. Maybe uneasy at a new experience, who knows. I know there were a few butterflies on my 1st lap, but those were soon gone.

Nesba runs a quality track day. I am sure the other orginazations are similar in setup. Their Control riders allow you to pick up the pace during the day and are constantly watching and evaluating your progress.

I know my days in the B group are limited, I was told this this past weekend from quite a few.

If you are even considering a track day, lets go together. I will be at VIR in March, Road Atlanta in May and November and maybe 1 more, possibly Barber.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132764736 -->

Back