Trackday pics Road Atlanta 11-19

vman1300

Never Forgotten
We got a early start arrived at RA around 6:30 am with temps in the 30's. After tech and the riders meetings, we finally hit a very cold and slippery track at 9:40 with 20 min serrions every hour.

The 1st session was taken very leisurly while I tried to learn the track and generate a little heat in the Michelins.

By the 3rd session, I had become comfortable with the track and the grip of the tires.

As the afternnon progressed, I was able to up my pace considerable. With every lap my speed progressed.

Being my 1st TD, I was running in the beginner class. They allow passing only in the straights in the B group. It gave me a great chance to learn the lines of a great track.

I highly reccomend any of you that are considering a track day, DO IT!

Now for the pics....

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132491138 -->

Heating the skins.

Special thanks to two of my new friends from the R-1 Forum for allowing me the use of a set of tire warmers.

ra2.JPG

Tire pic after the 2nd session. RA will will work the right side of your tires.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132456787 -->

ra6.jpg

In the track view, you can see the tail end of the back straight. I was consistantly hitting above 170mph indicated with steam to go....but that 90 degree left was coming up fast.

Looks like a good time. Bronc3 and I where up there in September for the Suzuki Showdown. The couple of laps we did both days really got to me. I would love to do my first trackday up there. The elevation changes are what got me since everything is straight and flat down here.

Looks like a good time. Bronc3 and I where up there in September for the Suzuki Showdown. The couple of laps we did both days really got to me. I would love to do my first trackday up there. The elevation changes are what got me since everything is straight and flat down here.
I will be back to do another day there in Apring 06.

Drag Scott and head to Georgia.

Glad you enjoyed your first track day
cool.gif
Let the addiction begin
laugh.gif

Looks, and sounds like you had a great time.

I'm dying to do road atlanta..

anytime I think about motorcycle racing I think about Zemke and Duhamel duking it out in the left/right combo at the bottom of the hill for the formula extreme championship earlier this year.

this spring we need to hook up and go wear it out down there vman.

Glad you enjoyed your first track day
cool.gif
 Let the addiction begin
laugh.gif

Looks, and sounds like you had a great time.
Addiction is right. I am already looking into getting me a set a tire warmers.....

I will be cutting back on the Deals Gap trips next year aand doing a few more track days. VIR in March and back to RA in May for sure.

I'm dying to do road atlanta..

anytime I think about motorcycle racing I think about Zemke and Duhamel duking it out in the left/right combo at the bottom of the hill for the formula extreme championship earlier this year.

this spring we need to hook up and go wear it out down there vman.
I am ready when you are. I believe NESBA will be back there in May.

I t was such a great experience. NESBA is on top of their game.

Back