TrackAddix Weekend  Me and WWJD WOW!!!

Dam!
mad.gif
Pics won't load at work.

I'll have to wait until I get home
wink.gif

yep... sounds like your thinking the same way I was..

The busa is cool.. but If I'm gonna keep doing this track thing I need something that it's not gonna bother me as much to beat the crap out of.

enter the SV650S.. haha.

hehehehehe. Yeah, I'm in for Topeka and hopefully another MAM session in September. STKR, when are you joining us?

I'm gonna keep track riding my Busa. It's just fun and works just fine under me. Now that my suspension is tightened, track riding worked SO MUCH BETTER. The busa just does it all!!!

Hey, if you guys are planning another trip, and need 1 more to tag along...well give me a holar...would be awesome. Next spring remember BIR (Brainerd), and my family has a very nice, large cabin/house thats hardly used...which could house a couple of guys for a long weekend of fun.
blush.gif

This is how ya make new friends ---right?
wink.gif

Looks like tons of fun.......wish I had the opportunity.  You lucky dog.
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Devil Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123544398 -->

hehehehehe. Yeah, I'm in for Topeka and hopefully another MAM session in September. STKR, when are you joining us?

I'm gonna keep track riding my Busa. It's just fun and works just fine under me. Now that my suspension is tightened, track riding worked SO MUCH BETTER. The busa just does it all!!!
did you adjust your suspension greg? how does it work? what did you all do to it?

well trav, mine is really mooshy lately or I been outriding it, or it is getting old and "worn in". first cuz I do track days, I went with Sport Rider.com recommended settings. but I outgrew that. I didn't have time to go thru the Jinkster Suspension guide before this track day.... so like an uneducated idiot, I just cranked everything up [harder] 2 - 4 more clicks! worked like a charm. Less dive and wheeliing, rear SEEMS more planted to me. I just prefer a harsher suspension for track riding.

My GOAL is to learn the track settings I like, and be able to dial it back and forth for standard mooshy stock/street settings. It was a harsh ride home!
biggrin.gif
I LIKED your suspension on your turbo pumpkin. Nice and tight.... SAFE feeling. I hate that wallowy stock feel any more

Where ya been dood? Your Polini ready for this weekend?
I gotta dump the old gas and get fresh.

http://sportrider.com/bikes/146_susp_settings/#suzuki

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123558775 -->

Looks like a typical day at the track......A friggin blast!
cool.gif

Once I get the suspension tuned on the gixxer, and get all the bugs worked out, I might just take a road trip out there to MAM. Or, you could always come back to Road America next year.
wink.gif

Either way, we'll definitely have to get back on the track together. Now it looks like we might be able to have a few more friends along. Busa_05 and I are taking the Learning Curves racing school at Blackhawk Farms on the 27th.

Nice Pics Midnight
cool.gif
I can't believe you took that beautiful paint job out on the track.
wow.gif

cool.gif

WOW!. Man looks like you had a helll of a day. Awsome pics. The nice thing about the track schools is that you come back with more confidence on handling and you tend to out ride the other local riders on the ramps etc. Not on purpose but your having much much more fun than they are.

NICE BIKE TOO!. Never really saw any close up pics of your bike. Like the "TIE DOWN" also. School me on that one. Removed the top of the slider and hooked it there? Something you made? Like that idea much much.

JD

WOW!.  Man looks like you had a helll of a day.  Awsome pics.  The nice thing about the track schools is that you come back with more confidence on handling and you tend to out ride the other local riders on the ramps etc.  Not on purpose but your having much much more fun than they are.

NICE BIKE TOO!.  Never really saw any close up pics of your bike.  Like the "TIE DOWN" also.  School me on that one.  Removed the top of the slider and hooked it there?  Something you made?  Like that idea much much.

JD
Thanks Icemann

The tie downs/sliders are from Yoyodyne
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/detail.aspx?ID=3986

You bolt the main metal part onto the bike like any other slider
then you have a choice of colors of a mushroom type slider that you screw onto the metal part you attatched to the bike.
They also sell a metal peice that scews onto the same location that has loop in it for use as a tie down.
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/detail.aspx?ID=865

its been a really great place to tie down at no need for canyon dancer or them bars or anything.

And they even have a metal polished one for the pimps out there http://www.yoyodyneti.com/detail.aspx?ID=4068

Granted i will say the with the slider mushrooms on i don't think they stick out as far as some of the sliders you can get. but i'm not all that sure i was gona Measure the distance from the plastic and the end of the slider on Gregs bike and my bike to see if they where they same or not. I'll have to try and rember that next time

Hey, if you guys are planning another trip, and need 1 more to tag along...well give me a holar...would be awesome. Next spring remember BIR (Brainerd), and my family has a very nice, large cabin/house thats hardly used...which could house a couple of guys for a long weekend of fun.
blush.gif

This is how ya make new friends ---right?
wink.gif
Sounds like a heck of a idea Valium will definatly let you know i'd like to hit brainard but i was hearing through Dean the guy that runs the Track addix the support and crowds have not been very good up there so they may end up canceling the rest of the season up there and also sounds like some of the people are being difficult to deal with. which just sucks. I know for next year i wana Hit MAM, Topeka, Brainard, and Road america So will be alotta driving miles but i'd to say i've been on each of them tracks

Just check out the track addix site and see about the dates and what not man they are haveing session in Brainard on the 22nd i know i won't be attending i'll be comeign back from the meet and greet in colorado

hey Stkr00
what seems to be the probs with the sixer? Yeah the track days are fun in some ways i wish the track was closer and in other ways i'm glad it's not cause otherwise i'd be out there way to much i feel i will defiantly look ya up for Road america next year as long as Track addix keeps going well and keeps up the good work

Yeah trust me your not the only one that thought i was crazy everyone was saying it not to mention i was hearing around about people who bring nice bikes like that usually wreck cause they got no riding skills and have it for mostly posing around the town. well the picks prove that i've got both
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

hey Stkr00  
what seems to be the probs with the sixer? Yeah the track days are fun in some ways i wish the track was closer and in other ways i'm glad it's not cause otherwise i'd be out there way to much i feel i will defiantly look ya up for Road america next year as long as Track addix keeps going well and keeps up the good work

Yeah trust me your not the only one that thought i was crazy everyone was saying it not to mention i was hearing around about people who bring nice bikes like that usually wreck cause they got no riding skills and have it for mostly posing around the town. well the picks prove that i've got both
biggrin.gif

cool.gif

laugh.gif
I don't know of any specific problems with the gixxer yet. I just meant that I needed some time to get used to the bike, and see how well everything works before I go traveling off to do a distant track day.

The biggest problem with a "Track Only" bike is that you cannot ride it on the street (legally) to test it out prior to going to the track. Due to this...This weekend at Autobahn will be the first time I've gotten to ride the bike other that the subdivision. Once I see how well it runs, or not, then I'll have a starting point for any repairs or setup changes.

Busa_05 and I are doing a racing school on the 27th, so I have to have everything sorted out by then.

Whenever you're coming to Road America, PLEASE send me a PM. I'll ride with ya! You will absolutely love that track. It's almost like it was designed with the Busa in mind.
cool.gif

cool.gif

Oh...one problem I found last night...

Bikes need gas in order to start
laugh.gif
The only gauge I have is a tach
wow.gif

Luckily it was just in the garage and NOT on the track
wink.gif

Oh...one problem I found last night...

Bikes need gas in order to start
laugh.gif
 The only gauge I have is a tach
wow.gif

Luckily it was just in the garage and NOT on the track
wink.gif
yeah... then there's that.....   BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

BHF on the 27th you say..... hmmm.....
Yup... http://www.learningcurves.com/

Gerg, I thing you're probably already beyond the level of this class, but for $150, it gives you the certificate needed to obtain your WERA or CCS race license (for another $100). Having the race license allows you to attend the CCS Friday practice days. The practice days, I believe, are run as an OPEN track where you pit in and out as you want. No controls riders, or sessions. BUT...these people are practicing for the actual races that will be held on Saturday/Sunday, so it will be more of a meat-grinder style.

The best I could hope for is to just not get run over by the true racers.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ahh... I thought you were NESBAing again
smile.gif

I'm goign to the next TRACKADDIX in MAM, then TOPEKA if you wanna expand your track travels
biggrin.gif

Back