Trip Report

Ok, I am doing what Big E said... I am keeping the 'busa and buying an SV-650s. A buddy of mine has a 2001 with 700 miles on it. He is going to sell it to me for $3000. I looked online and it looks like an excellent deal.

Glad the class was such a great experience...and aren't you so glad you missed all the mess with your dog back home?!  :D

You're the second person I've known to say that after hitting the track, they're stopping street riding all together...I don't think I could ever do it...it's apples and oranges...and I like 'em both!  I'm with BT on this...if this is what happens after track days, I'll have to skip them!  :tounge:

Get a good track bike, keep the Busa and enjoy them both when you can...

Hope you have some pics from the track... :super:
pics... We didn't get any pics... But, my wife shot some video of us racing. I posted it in the Movies section (click the link on the bottom of this page). All of my video titles start with "oracle_" and the track day one is titled: "oracle_roadatlanta.mpg"

We will get some still photos next time. Me, Dan, bsrigley, and Chris are planning to do the first Schwantz school in the Spring.

Anyone else coming?

-Rip

hmmm usually there's these basic track photgraphers out on the track snapping shots to sell later... the the website of the track you went too, and the message board on it for photographers' websites. or ask the track people if anyone was there! Pics rock! I also made some 'ok' stills from a video tape

hmmm usually there's these basic track photgraphers out on the track snapping shots to sell later... the the website of the track you went too, and the message board on it for photographers' websites.  or ask the track people if anyone was there!  Pics rock!  I also made some 'ok' stills from a video tape
ok, ok... The camera guy was there... And, he took an action photo of me... But, it was framed with my graduation certificate and I don't wanna open it to scan. But, here is one with me and Kevin (and he ain't a cutout either).

kevinschwantz.jpg

$1500 and you want to sell your bike? wheres the justice? tracks are fine and all but track days are about twice a month, unless you live in cal where there are 4 or 5 tracks you wont be riding much. and you will be caging for miles to get there.

Here is the pic that Dan "Red Rocket" (on the left side) and I took with Schwantz and then had him sign to our buddy Chris "Chain Smoker" (see story above).

Incase you can't make it out, the signature says:

<span style='color:darkblue'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:arial'>Chris,
Sorry you missed it
thanks for cleaning up
the poo !
Kevin Schwantz
34</span></span></span>

Chris still hasn't forgiven us for this one!

<!--EDIT|The Oracle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068422479 -->

SchwantzVaughnDan.jpg

Our next trip to Schwantz is coming up in a month! I can't wait to start the season out with this fantastic group of instructors!

JS,

Are you going to the March 9th class? If so, that is awesome so are we! Hopefully, I will see ya there!

-V

wow
i cant wait till i get on the track

i too have been debating selling the busa and getting a bike for the track
but then i thought about it
i live in oregon and we dont see many track days
so i dont think ill sell the busa
but i will take it to the track this surmmer
(fingers crossed)

Hey Rip,

I felt the same way after my first track day - buy a track bike and do track days.  Don't  give up your street bike - you'll miss it.  Just get a track bike too for your "fast riding" and then your free to just enjoy riding on the street and not take unnecessary risks!  I have another track day with Keith Code this coming Monday at Laguna Seca!

Kent Sheldon
Hey Kent!!

After reading this thread I am intrigued by a class like this…

I live near Fresno, can you give me some info to start with so I can check into a class myself at Laguna Seca.

Do you have a name / number / web site of anyone?

Ron

Hey Rip,

I felt the same way after my first track day - buy a track bike and do track days.  Don't  give up your street bike - you'll miss it.  Just get a track bike too for your "fast riding" and then your free to just enjoy riding on the street and not take unnecessary risks!  I have another track day with Keith Code this coming Monday at Laguna Seca!

Kent Sheldon
Hey Kent!!

After reading this thread I am intrigued by a class like this…

I live near Fresno, can you give me some info to start with so I can check into a class myself at Laguna Seca.

Do you have a name / number / web site of anyone?

Ron
Ron,

Keith Code does a class ocassionally at Sega...
http://www.superbikeschool.com/us/schedule/index.shtml

He has some really cool tools like a leaning and sliding machine that you can't topple!

If you haven't been to the track then prepare for the time of your life dude!

-V

Back