4 corners, 10,000mi trip report

You've probably flown by here by now, but welcome to stop early in Greensboro if you want!

What day are going to be in New England??

Let me know

Welcome to Virginia!! I hope it's been a great ride so far...I saw pictures of snow back at your house, so I hope that's gone before your return...brrrrr...snow?! I'm so not ready for winter and I'm not on a Busa riding around the country!

Keep us posted Russ!! Continued safe travels! :thumbsup:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Welcome to Virginia!! I hope it's been a great ride so far...I saw pictures of snow back at your house, so I hope that's gone before your return...brrrrr...snow?! I'm so not ready for winter and I'm not on a Busa riding around the country!

Keep us posted Russ!! Continued safe travels! :thumbsup:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII
this is russ.

i am soo sorry. i just figgured out whrere you lived. i am really sorry. i was ignorant of where the chesepieak bay was. i thought you were up in Wisconsin somewhere. i rode through Deleware and found where you might live. totally awesome.
i am at MoMar's home tonight and stealing his profile.
all is well. i am 8600ish mi into the trip. meeting good people. having a good time.
stayed with the firemen in Sterling VA last night. not a good place to get some rest. alarms all night. alot like jail..but different. still glad i had a place to stay.
safe for the night. happy dreams brothers and sisters.
russ red1100cc

Guy Fieri's cameo at Jefferson Diner

And Motorcycle Mall taking care of Russ. Oil change and top off fluids with a once over safety check. Bikes good to go. Rode with him to the Garden state parkway where he set off on his next leg of the journey.

1385186_10202401725667788_1744170020_n.jpg

1383204_482064031892483_943304675_n.jpg

1379773_482064361892450_2136675688_n.jpg

1374321_706849202676222_773294053_n.jpg

It is with my deepest regret that I must inform y'all, after careful consideration of the weather and finally reaching my physical and mental limit; I have turned around and am headed back home.

Today when I rode out from the motel it was 35 deg. It warmed up to 42 by the time I broke. I could not feel my feet from the ankles down, and I could not close my left hand. Going north it was only going to get colder. With bad weather headed my way, for my own personal safety, I cried in my helmet and at 9050mi, i turned around at the Ny Mass border.

Every man has his limits and I reached my edge.

I have said this trip is about the message I'm carrying, and not the ride. I just never ever expected I wouldn't make it.

I will continue to do press events as I ride towards home.
I have one tomorrow just east of Utica at 2pm est.

Thank you to everyone for their loving support on this trip.
Maine will always be there, and I WILL return!

2000mi+ to get home.
Wish me luck and good weather.

Scencerly
Russ Reddick

Just change the thread title from '4 corners , 10,000 miles' to '4 corners or 10,000 miles' and you'll be fine. :laugh:

You have already done more than what 99% could or would so don't sweat it.
Have a safe trip home.

Offer still stands here in Maine. Whenever you make it up this way let me know and I'll ride with you and there will be a warm bed too. Like Blanca said, 10,000 miles is nothing to sneeze at.

GJ for making it so far!! it happens! offer still stands for the return if you need a place to stay!

Here is to New England riding in the Fall/Winter.

You need the right gear and hand warmers on the grips don't hurt either.

Traction issues are what take me off the road , not the cold.

CabinFever.jpg

I am sorry to have been off the boards for so long and not seen this till today.

I would have put you up and even joined you to Maine and back.

If you warm up and change your mind let me know, I have thru Monday off.

Brother dont beat yourself up!!!!! You have done more for the cause then you will ever know!!!!! We are all proud of you and have the utmost respect for your charachter and drive! My offer stands as well. When you get to the council bluffs omaha area buzz me!!!!!! You will have a warm place to stay and as much as you can eat....drink!!!! We will also check your bike out from top to bottom and back again to make sure the rest of your journey is sweet and memorable.

you have carried your message farther then any news broadcast, tv show, movie, or radio broadcast ever could.
be proud of your achievements, and its all worth it even if you save one person.

Back