Track Tire Pictures..

BIG DEAL, I could make my tires look like that to......."where's my sandpaper" ? :laugh: :bowdown:

What's it really like going to a track day ? The last 2-3 posts of track days got me thinking hard.

I just need to find some leathers that aren't a fortune.

What else needs to be done to the bike to be able to run it (besides taping the glass) ?

The track truly has to be experienced to be understood.

I don't know how much your looking to spend on leathers but the wera forums (forums.13x.com) is a good spot to look for used ones. Also there are always some deals to be had out there on the net if you look around. Once you get used to leathers you'll feel naked without them.

To prep the bike make sure it's has absolutely no fluid leaks of any kind, a good set of tires (80%+), taped off mirrors and lights and in general good running order. You'll always need to check with your provider for specifics but it won't be anything too over the top.

I highly recommend you check out the track at least once but be warned, it's addictive.

BIG DEAL, I could make my tires look like that to......."where's my sandpaper" ? :laugh: :bowdown:

What's it really like going to a track day ? The last 2-3 posts of track days got me thinking hard.

I just need to find some leathers that aren't a fortune.

What else needs to be done to the bike to be able to run it (besides taping the glass) ?

This track also requires a spine protector.

Awesome. I can get out to the edge of my rear tire, but have no idea how hard you guys have to be turning/leaning to get scuffed over to the edge of the front tire. Impressive!

What do you think of those 16's Tom? Did they work good for you? What cold pressure did you use?

They worked perfectly as far as I could tell. Never had a real slip all day. Felt like a little "nibbleing" in a couple of corners at first, but a couple of clicks more of rebound in front and the same for compression in the rear, all was great.
Started with 30psi cold. With all the running to and from the track school classes and such, it was afternoon before I could check them hot. When I did (just came in from a session), front was 34psi and the rear was just a hair under 35psi. Also have to take into consideration a 15 degree rise in temp toward the afternoon. Have to do a little head scratching at the next track day about tire pressure. Will have much more time to devote to such now that the newbie school is out of the way. Nearly impossible to use any advise from other riders due to the huge weight difference between a Busa, and say, a Gixxer 750.
Got a lot of stuff to ponder now, from tire pressure and suspension settings, to trying to get my body positioning better.

Awesome. I can get out to the edge of my rear tire, but have no idea how hard you guys have to be turning/leaning to get scuffed over to the edge of the front tire. Impressive!

Got a small flat spot on my right peg feeler now. 'Bout that far.:;):

I haven't got that far on my tires yet, still braking her in with only 130 miles so far on the odometer, but it's funny how I always check after a good ride or track day.

Back