I need a few pictures...

flynjay

Registered
I need pictures looking from the back showing the exhaust mounting brackets. I've got my right side partially assembled to check clearances and I don't like what I see. The bracket assembly is just over the edge of my tire. I'll get pictures up in a sec.

1st

MountingBracket.jpg

I actually had to put my brackets in the bench vice and rebend them to position better after mounting~ My problem was more the pipe too close to the swing arm~ No matter how many times I tried.. every time I assemble them they were too close to the swing arm.. especially on the left side~ Once I bent the brackets a little more here and there... problem solved~
wink.gif

**If you go this route.. be sure not to bend them out too far or the tail section will fit very tightly around the rear foot foot peg~

Dude. you need to use the spacers, I used them along with extra washers on the left side.

Dude. you need to use the spacers, I used them along with extra washers on the left side.
Yeah NJ the spacers were in there as stated in their instructions, for the right side. Now, I've put the spacers next to the frame, then the bracket, finally the peg mount. Looks much better, but come to find out...the spacers they sent me are the wrong ones (atleast 3 of them are). New ones are on the way from HMF as I type. So, slowly but surely I'll get this thing mounted.

Here's a pic of how the instructions say to use the spacers.

Spacers.jpg

Darnit...wrong picture. But it shows the difference in the spacers I received.

OK, this is the correct one
blush.gif

MountingBracket4a.jpg

I need pictures looking from the back showing the exhaust mounting brackets.  I've got my right side partially assembled to check clearances and I don't like what I see. The bracket assembly is just over the edge of my tire.  I'll get pictures up in a sec.
PM me i can help you with this ...Ihad plenty of fun with this

PM me i can help you with this ...Ihad plenty of fun with this
Thanks, I'll let you know if I need some assistance. Meanwhile, I'll wait on the parts from HMF.

Do the new headers make it harder to do oil changes? The oil filter looks like it is now closer to the pipes.
Uhhh, yes it does.your oil changer will hate you,or you will hate life.Sorry.NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138373390 -->

You should have 4 spacers with the kit from HMF. They should measure .5 inches thick.

Here is the email for Dan at HMF customer service. I emailed him and he sent new spacers out the next day.

Dan at HMF

Hope this helps.

The finish takes some fine tuning and time. Just keep at it and it will pay off in the end...and the tail piece won't fit the same as before.
It will be spread out a little bit to cover the rear pegs, but no big deal. Once done you'll love it...

I forgot to add that I used all the spacers from HMF and even some from my own parts bin to get the clearance needed on each side, to clear the swingarm on the left side, and to get the pipes to look straight and even from the back.
David

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138374515 -->

I forgot to add that I used all the spacers from HMF and even some from my own parts bin to get the clearance needed on each side, to clear the swingarm on the left side, and to get the pipes to look straight and even from the back.
David
I had to do the same thing. But, everything is together...just got to clean her up and shoot some pics.

I did decide to keep the rear pegs off for a while. I ride solo 99.9% of the time anyway.
wink.gif

Back