Track days in iowa 06

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
If anyone in the area is interested, I'm doing about 4 track days on a Hayabusa near Omaha Neb. this year:

Apr 01, 2006 Mid America Motorplex
May 29, 2006 Mid America Motorplex
Jul 03, 2006 Mid America Motorplex - No Sessions
Oct 07, 2006 Mid America Motorplex

Full day: $145 - full gear required
Try the Track session: $25 - gloves, coat, helmet required

Just throwing it out there. more details:
http://trackaddix.com/track/briefing/
MAM_01.jpg

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142274985 -->

So...does Trackaddix have different groups like NESBA, or is it more of a free-for-all?

That would be a haul, but it might be nice to see a different track
cool.gif

It ain't no Road America but it is a blast. Flat, smooth, visially open just like the pic, good newish pavement

Trackaddix does sessions for most of those days. No Sesssions is kinda fun too. I freaked a bit first time a guy was passing me on the outside of that sweeper. Then it seemed cool.

WWJD, looks like a pretty good schedule. Not bad on pricing either. Freakin' fastrackriders/sportbiketracktime.com is chargin' everyone $245 for full day. But anything to get some track time. I'm looking into getting my suspension tuned. I did Jink's setup but I think Race Tech does some adjusting for $20. I think they set up to your weight and for track conditions too.

I'm tryign to tweak my suspension also. I RIDE out to the track on touring settings, then tighten her up for the track. I hope a few Busa's show up.

I might be up for a day or 2...keep me in mind...I would have to hotel it for a night...and no trailer.

I'm tryign to tweak my suspension also.  I RIDE out to the track on touring settings, then tighten her up for the track.  I hope a few Busa's show up.
Wow. What do you usually do about gas, tools, parts, etc? I know its doable but that sounds kinda tough without the "extra" essentials. I personally trailer the Busa just in case I ever go "down." I like the security of knowing me and my bike will make it home.

BTW-how are the other Busa's at your track events? I haven't seen one yet so it kinda makes me a lil unique.
biggrin.gif

I've ridden two tracks with members here: stkr001 and midnightbusaSD. It's cool chasing and leading other busa's on a track. and a bit scary too! yeah, they suck as a track bike overall, but that doesn't make it any less fun at all!
biggrin.gif
But I DO enjoy destroying "The Myth" for onlooker

Greg I am SO there man you know it i will also probly attend Hastings when they Open i also plan to try and Hit up Brainard Race way also there is only 2 track days there also this year

May 29, 2006 Mid America Motorplex
Jul 03, 2006 Mid America Motorplex - No Sessions
Oct 07, 2006 Mid America Motorplex

But i will be trying to make them 3 dates for sure I wish i could attend the April first one but between work and i don't think Berserk Will be fully reassembled by then it's getting new suspension and powerplant lol So i may not track it so much but i will probly be there on the VFR though So i'll be looking forward to meeting up with ya again Greg

Back