Road America Track Day

our video'd drag race up the hill on the main strait. obviously, stkr00's identical, silver, stock, 03 Hayabusa is faster than mine. Or, later I found out he wasn't letting up at the top of that hill, where as I wasn't fond of the "air time" so I rolled off a tad
biggrin.gif

drag.JPG

It helps being in 1st gear coming out of the last turn at about 9K. The launch is awesome.
laugh.gif

Hey, stkr00! I think the insides of your exhaust needs cleaned up! The chase rider got some great close ups of you. Here's one

exhaust.JPG

...and stkr00 "sweeping" around!
Good times, Jim! You're a great rider and I hope you can make the next one.

stkr.JPG

He must be under the impression I know what I'm doing by getting that close
laugh.gif
He's a brave soul. I never even knew he was there.

these pics dont do it justice! I dont have the firewire OR DVD burner moved into my new computer yet so be patient. you chock full DVD will be made soon.
smile.gif

OOhhhh I am defintely jeleous. I will be doing this soon at PIR. Thanks for the pics it looks like good times.
smile.gif

billbell you really should join us in May. You could do the Intro sessions for free, and then just hang out if you don't like the track.

Either way, it's a fun day with a lot of good people.
cool.gif

Ok, now I am jealous. I will be checking with the local track about days I can ride out there. That just looks like a blast... glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Glad you guys had a good time
biggrin.gif
I can't believe that they let you run that rear tire at a track day
wow.gif

The tire was only worn in the center with some wear towards the outside. They looked closely at it, but were more concerned about making sure I had the tread for cornering. I actually had about 1/16" tread depth to the center wear indicator holes, and 1/8" to the wear bars in the side treads.

Once I can work some overtime, I'll be getting a set of Michellin Pilot Powers to destroy at the track.
cool.gif

The stock Bridgestone BT56's stuck really well. I didn't expect them to, but they surprised me.

Awesome!, but dont worry bout whos behind you, its their responsibility to find away around you. Looks like you guys had a great time. Stkroo are you hooked or what?

Beautiful pics! Wish we had such a pretty track around here. The ones here are either concrete jungle or in the middle of the desert!
sad.gif
I miss trees...

Looks great. I haven't tried a track day before, been a bit nervous at being in the way, but having seen the pics and the advanced vid, I don't think it'll be too much trouble.

A friend of mine and I have been discussing going over to Germany to the Nurburgring next Spring and having a session or two. The enlarged track is something like 14 miles long, geez. Got to be done as one of those once in a lifetime things.

Back