Toy hauler...

cool.gif
set up

sorry to jack but where do ya tie the front down. forks? or around the fork clamp? thanks for the help
beerchug.gif

(ranman @ Oct. 31 2006,05:08) where do ya tie the front down.
Caliper bracket

td3100.jpg

On edit:
I should have posted this with a warning The angle of the strap in the close up is not how I haul it. The bike was on the stand and someone asked so I took a picture of it. The one of it in the trailer is the correct angle. That is a ancra soft tie loop slid in there.

The way I have it setup... Once on the rear stand, with the rear ramp/door closed, the stand can not come up~ So there's no chance of it coming out from under the bike~ The chockes are bolted down with 1/2" studs and also will not go anywhere~ They are completely stable and safe... baring any four wheeling down a mountain side~ Once mine was straped down, as it is in the pic, I closed the rear ramp/door and went to the front of the bike and tried to knock it over... pull it forward.. push it backward.. and swing it from side to side~ I am a duece and a half, and you can believe I put more into it then pulling behind the truck would do~ All I did was rock the trailer enough that the nieghbors thought there was some hardcore XXX filming going on in there~ I'm very confident they are safe as is~ I do appreciate the concerns though~  
super.gif

(PDBusa @ Oct. 30 2006,19:19) Greg your gonna let Brenda sit in the truck now? Last year you had her strapped to the back of the trailer.... oh, that was the brake light problem you dreamed up...  
wow.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, that was a problem with the brake lights on that trailer~ I just straped her to the rear and then when I had to stop I'd tap the horn to let her know and she would then let the vehicle behind us know we was stopping~ OK... not really... but it would have worked!  
tounge.gif

Although she does read a map about as well as your navigator... but, I guess I'll let her ride in the truck anyways...  
biggrin.gif

(unkleslapnutz @ Oct. 31 2006,02:13) With a trailer that nice Prof,  I would be afraid to put anything on the floor.
Very nice, indeed~
cool.gif

(GJoker @ Oct. 31 2006,07:54) Although she does read a map about as well as your navigator... but, I guess I'll let her ride in the truck anyways...  
biggrin.gif
What?
rock.gif

Hey I got you there and back with NO wrong turns, nor did we go through New York to get to Tampa!!!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I should have posted that with a warning The angle of the strap in the close up is not how I haul it. The bike was on the stand and someone asked so I took a picture of it. The one of it in the trailer is the correct angle. I'll edit the other post. That is a ancra soft tie loop slid in there.

when its in the trailer is it ok to compress the forks? woll it hurt the seals?

Actually... I was wondering about this very thing~ I don't compress the forks with my current setup~ Whether or not that's a good thing... I really don't know~ I can't see the bike getting enough of a bounce to pop outta the chock though, so I don't see a need to compress them~ I also don't see where it would hurt to compress them either~ If I was to use a Canyon Dancer, or the tie down that Dave (clrwtrbusa) posted, without the chock, then I would compress them so they couldn't allow enough play/slack to unhook or fall to one side or the other~

This is just me though... I can't say what is right or wrong about it~

I dont really compress them much. Just enough to hold it still. And when I stop for the night, I release the front straps a little. I only have chocks in my trailer though, not the good ones.

Back