Don (Rayabusa0818) Memorial Ride

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
Here are the details that I received from Don Abernathy, (one of Dons, Rayabusas,) good friends.

We are riding again this year with Don Williams brother and possibly Sherry may go in a vehicle with Mrs Abernathy. For those of you that knew Don nothing has to be said. For those who didnt have the pleasure of meeting him just know he was a great friend and avid rider.

Don left us but he would want us to continue the ride. It was a year ago, September 4th, the same day we will be riding. Don was planning on getting up that Saturday morning and riding this very ride with his brother.

WHEN: Saturday, Sept 4th, 9 AM
Leaving Kangaroo BP on HWY 27 in Sale Creek Tennessee.

13424 Dayton Pike, Soddy Daisy TN 37379-7704

We will be leaving the BP around 9 AM and heading north for Pikeville on HWY 27 then HWY 30 to Spencer toward McMinnville. Then we will cut over and take 56 on into Monteagle. We will eat in Monteagle then drop off the mountain into Alabama on HWY 56.

If it rains, we will keep trying every Saturday till we get it.

Don loved riding these roads, and I feel so very fortunate to have had him show me around these awesome roads.

It has been almost a year, for me it has not got any eaiser to accept he is not with us anymore, as I am sure his family and friends feel the same. Don was a great man, lets go out and celebrate his life and friendship on this ride. If you are not close to the area, maybe just get your friends together and have a ride of you own in honor of our friend, Don. :)

Thanks, Tim. :)

2007BusaBashFall 072.jpg

Sounds great, Tim. It'll be good to see Sherry again too. I will be there.

Oh man, wish I could be there guys. Don will be on my mind this day as he has many others, and I will be wishing your fair skies and open road.

Mary and I will be trucking in honor of Don.. :thumbsup:

Please tell Sherry Hi from the both of us.. :bowdown:

i wish i could be there too...i'll be sure to get out for a bit that day and you all will be in my thoughts :beerchug:

Dang it Tim.... I cant pull that off right now but I'll tell you this; if you cancel a ride that is being held in honor of our old friend and your cancel it because of rain..... I dont think he will be too happy - he made you and me ride (in my case TOTALLY against my will) in the rain on numerous occasions!!!

Heck, Don would have ridden during a locust invasion!

Dang it Tim.... I cant pull that off right now but I'll tell you this; if you cancel a ride that is being held in honor of our old friend and your cancel it because of rain..... I dont think he will be too happy - he made you and me ride (in my case TOTALLY against my will) in the rain on numerous occasions!!!

Heck, Don would have ridden during a locust invasion!

:laugh: So true. Fall bash, over the mountain to Gatlinburg. :D Great day. :)

Can't make it up there, Tim. I will ride for Don here at 9am rain or shine.

You all be safe.

Can't make it up there, Tim. I will ride for Don here at 9am rain or shine.

You all be safe.

Same here. Any KC area riders who want to join me? I Think of Don everytime I get on my busa.

:bump:

It's this Saturday, in case anyone missed this thread before.

Sure wish we could be there. Y'all have a safe ride and take plenty of pics.

Hard to believe it's been a year this Saturday :(

Sure wish we could be there. Y'all have a safe ride and take plenty of pics.

Hard to believe it's been a year this Saturday :(

I wish you guys could make it too. Doesn't seem like it's been a year at all...

My heart will be riding with you all...Sorry i can not attend.

:beerchug: to a good man and fallen brother.

What a great idea, I hope you all have a great ride & good weather. Well beyond my range, but wish I could make it just the same for such a great reason. I'm sure Don will be riding along from above!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back