Rayabusa0818 Memorial Ride 9/3/2011

Tim, I sure wish we could join y'all. Ride safe and take lots and lots of pictures.

Hal, your story made me laugh. I could just hear him saying that. He was such a character and I miss him dearly.

It was so funny Dawn, and of course I just took a big gulp of coke which I ejected through my nose.:laugh: He was such a sweet man. I still can't get myself to erase the last phone message he left on my cell phone, or his # in my contacts.

Where/when are you gonna break/eat in Monteagle? Maybe I could come in from the other end for lunch....

Keith, we are eatting at Jim Olivers Smokehouse from what I understand. Not sure what time we will make it up there, last year we stopped several times but it seems like it was around noon. Daniel, what do you think? We are leaving Sale Creek at 9 am eastern time, but the smokehouse is central time I think. My best guess would be between 11 and 12 central time.

It was so funny Dawn, and of course I just took a big gulp of coke which I ejected through my nose.:laugh: He was such a sweet man. I still can't get myself to erase the last phone message he left on my cell phone, or his # in my contacts.

I still have him programmed, his son or someone called me the day of or after the accident. Of course I didn't know that he had died at the time. very sad, but I tend to remember the fun.....

I really wish i where closer, this is a ride i wish i could be there for!

Yeah, I still have his number programmed into my phone and I still have all his messages on here.

No matter where I go on the busa he's always with me. I put his initials on my helmet.

DSC_0448.jpg

Wish I could be there Tim. If you could get the info for next year a month ahead of time, I will make it down for next years ride.

Wish I could be there Tim. If you could get the info for next year a month ahead of time, I will make it down for next years ride.

I am not the one that gets the ride together, but it has been this Saturday since we have been doing it. We have been meeting at the same place each year.

Had a great time today and ate too much at the Smokehouse...Sherry did up a nice pic of Don and shared them with the group. Everyone shared some stories and enjoyed the now annual trip. Every Saturday before Labor Day. 9:00am at the BP. I'm there next year too.

Some pics for ya.
Started at the Chick Fil A
IMAG0552.jpg

IMAG0553.jpg

At the BP, we picked up a few!
IMAG0554.jpg

IMAG0555.jpg

A short stop at Mickey Dees
IMAG0556.jpg

Waiting for some of the group
IMAG0557.jpg

IMAG0558.jpg

One of Don. Sherry said it was hard to find a good one of him cause he was always taking pics of every one else. Thanks for a great day Don. Miss ya.
Don2.jpg

Like Charlie said, we had a great time today. The ride was fun and there were plenty of good stories about our friend, Don. It was great to see Sherry and some other familiar faces. Here's a few pics...

Sherry!
Don's Ride 2011-3.jpg

Don's Ride 2011.jpg

Don's Ride 2011-2.jpg

Don's Ride 2011-4.jpg

Don's Ride 2011-5.jpg

We lost a few riders along the way, but here's the group before we went our separate ways after lunch.

Don's Ride 2011-6.jpg

Don's Ride 2011-3.jpg

Don's Ride 2011.jpg

Don's Ride 2011-2.jpg

Don's Ride 2011-4.jpg

Don's Ride 2011-5.jpg

Don's Ride 2011-6.jpg

great pics, looks like a good time with great friends...just the sort of time that Rayabusa loved to take part in :beerchug: i can just see him sitting on his bike at the exits of the gas station/McD's parking lots and looking back while waiting for everyone to get geared up so he could ride again :laugh:

Nice turn out guys, sorry I missed out.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

It was a great ride as always. I had to "Don" a few of the guys in true Don fashion. :laugh: I know Don was looking down on us with that big grin and laugh. He may be gone from us here, but he sure does live on in our hearts. :)

Back