Thanks for the memories...

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
I found my way here 6 years ago when researching the Hayabusa~ Picked up an '04 not long after, and learned a whole lot from the good people here~ Modded my Busa out and enjoyed the chit out of it for the next 3 years~ Wasn't long after I got mine, the wife decided she wanted one of her own~ Together we have enjoyed meeting some of the folks here at the 2nd and 3rd Spring Bashes.. if memory serves me right.. shared lots of great laughs.. even a tear or two~ Made a few friends.. and some that are now concidered family to us~ The oRg has been good to us.. for the most part.. and I thank Cap'n for keeping it up and going~ Even after the great fallout of the April Fool's prank back in the day.. :whistle: ...I'm sure some of ya remember that mess~
I think it's now time for us to move on~ After we came home from our recent vacation.. LadyHawk/Brenda/the wife decided she wanted to try the comfort of a new Harley~ We traded off the big Bagger Touring bike and got her this Heritage Softail...
3546025322_072953d1f3_o.jpg

So we are now an HD Softail family... complete with guarding lap dog~ :laugh:
3554155038_3f50ae34b4_o.jpg

Oh, the Busa is still in the garage... with the other bikes...
3554155070_70e11074f4_o.jpg

...but may be going up on the auction block once she's totally happy with her new Heritage~

So I just wanted to thank Cap'n and his team for the great ride on the oRg over the years~ Hope to see some of ya's on the road someday~ Except for a certain few.. there's not much left for us here so I imagine we will be moving on~ The oRg rocks... thanks for the memories! :bowdown:

3546025322_072953d1f3_o.jpg

3554155038_3f50ae34b4_o.jpg

3554155070_70e11074f4_o.jpg

Truly hate to see you both go, but I know it's been coming for a while now...you are missed! Who else is going to post up photos of a guy sitting on the pot in the front yard, reading the paper?!

I wish you and Brenda the best, and congrats to her on the new ride :) Hopefully we'll all cross paths one of these days :oldcool:

Man, I hate to see you leave, but whatever you decide, I wish you and Brenda well.

Ahhh C'mon...Keep the Busa for occasional rides. You never know when you'll have a need for speed :laugh: It's an impressive stable you have there.

Congrats on the new ride, Brenda and Greg! You will be missed. Don't be strangers! You're still family.

(You didn't happen to pull that HMF exhaust first, eh? :laugh: )

man I hate to read this but understand the reasons. Hope you both arent strangers, check back in with us from time to time and hell, bring those HDs up to the bash, you know we always have a place for ya :beerchug:

Thanks ya'll... I'm sure we'll still lurk in once in a while~

Congrats to LadyHawk on the new ride:beerchug:

Y'all will be missed but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Stop in every once in a while and let us know how y'all are doing.

There's a little more to the story. We had purchased an 05 Ultra Glide in January. Good for long hauls, and since I can't see after dark, it was for those rides that would carry on into evening. I LOVED the back seat, big old couch that it was. :laugh: But GJoker was never happy with how it ran, the power, and it was very top heavy. AND the Busa is not kind to my body anymore. My right wrist goes numb about 45 mins into a ride, and it feels like a dead fish on the throttle. I have neck/spine problems, and carpal tunnel in that hand, and it is just too painful to ride long distances. Which is what we do now.. rides to Louisiana, rides to Cocao Beach, rides to Sarasota, etc etc.. Plus I'm tired of always worrying if the cops are gonna snag me. You know if they have a choice of snagging a sportbike or a harley, they'll yank the sportbike everytime. I hate watching the road for them, and not being able to just rip it when I want to. If the option isn't there, I can't do it. :laugh:

So with him being unhappy with the bagger, and my medical problems, the idea was to get me a Harley, that can still be ridden 2 up when we need it. I sat on several different models, but the Heritage felt the best. It was big and chunky, had good ergonomic postition, good power (for a Harley) and it's PURPLE and silver :cheerleader: So we traded the bagger for it.

I love my Busa, and I'm not giving him up just yet. The adrenilin junkie in me weeps at the thought. It's been raining here for 9 days straight, so I haven't been able to take the Harley on a long ride. Once I do, then I'll take the Busa on a long ride and see how it goes from there.

Thanks to everyone on the oRg for their advice, friendship, the good times in Robinsville, fireside chats, stinky cabins (zuk -:rofl:), and pink shirts. We did get up to the dragon the weekend after the Bash, I saw the pink shirt at the CROT. Good times, good times.

And if ya see a Harley, just wave, it might be me :satisfied:

Sorry to hear this. Good luck with the HDs. I hear ya on hanging on to the Busa. Stay in touch :bowdown:

Hope you have a good time on the new ride but remember:

"Once you're family here, you're always family here."

Drop in now and then and let us know how you are.

--Wag--

You 2 have been around way too long to go anywhere.

The Harley sites just wont have as many good peeps as this place.

Just pop in here and there.

Rubb said so.

Back