Memories

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
We haven't done this in a long time,

We never want to lose or forget where we came from as a group so I thought this would be interesting.

What is the best memory you have of a Hayabusa.oRg get together?

It's a sad one but I don't care.

I've never been able to make it to an .ORG get together cause I live on the wrong coast.

I did get to ride the Tail of the Dragon once (on the VTX1300 hahahaha).

Regardless, I possess and have never worn my Vman1300 Tail of the Dragon memorial shirt and that's the best .ORG get together memory I have. I wasn't there so I lived vicariously through those who were.

The west coast 'dragon' is a couple hundred miles north. It's the section of hiway 1 between Leggett at 101, and the Pacific. I ride it every time I head north and when coming back. Helluva tree lined two lane, plus, you have the coast road all the way to Stinson Beach and Mt. Tamalpais. Maybe we could have a west coast .Org run? The giant redwoods are beautiful any time of the year.

Count me in on that ride.

My favorite org event is hard to determine. the longest was a 3 week trip with Semi and seeing half of the country visiting org family and watching a brother retire from the Corps.

Twotonevert I completely understand, I have been allowed to ride with literally of hundreds of org members over the past 17 years but one of my all time favorite moments was the Cherahola ride in 2008.

That was the smoothest, funnest, stress free rides I even had, if memory serves me correct it was...

You
Semi
KSwaterbug (Sonny)
Beth
Mr. Bogus
Uncle Steve

a few more were there but I can't remember who.. that was unbelievable, the weather was perfect, the road was perfect, we just hit it and it was fun!

I honestly have so many great memories that I can't call any one "the best".

But I have to agree with Twotone. In August of 2013, when I retired, I had the opportunity to speak. While looking out at a crowd that was much larger than I expected, I saw relatives, Marines from every unit that I had been in and then there was the oRg. People who I had ridden with, who had literally picked me up off of the road, who had dropped everything to help me when I needed it. People who are every bit as much family as my blood relatives. So, I got to share some memories with them, and make new ones, since they were all there to witness my engagement.

I honestly have so many great memories that I can't call any one "the best".

But I have to agree with Twotone. In August of 2013, when I retired, I had the opportunity to speak. While looking out at a crowd that was much larger than I expected, I saw relatives, Marines from every unit that I had been in and then there was the oRg. People who I had ridden with, who had literally picked me up off of the road, who had dropped everything to help me when I needed it. People who are every bit as much family as my blood relatives. So, I got to share some memories with them, and make new ones, since they were all there to witness my engagement.
Memories are forever bro . the bonds are strong

I as well have never had the privilege to go hang out with you good folks. I have read and read about the fun. Alas like was stated above, i live too far away to make the trip, and kids and wife would not want to be without me that long.

Twotonevert I completely understand, I have been allowed to ride with literally of hundreds of org members over the past 17 years but one of my all time favorite moments was the Cherahola ride in 2008.

That was the smoothest, funnest, stress free rides I even had, if memory serves me correct it was...

You
Semi
KSwaterbug (Sonny)
Beth
Mr. Bogus
Uncle Steve

a few more were there but I can't remember who.. that was unbelievable, the weather was perfect, the road was perfect, we just hit it and it was fun!

Yes Doug, that is one of my favs as well. Nothing could be better, it was smooth sailing. I told Juli on that ride we were as close to flying a f-14 as you could get. At least that is the way it felt.

The west coast 'dragon' is a couple hundred miles north. It's the section of hiway 1 between Leggett at 101, and the Pacific. I ride it every time I head north and when coming back. Helluva tree lined two lane, plus, you have the coast road all the way to Stinson Beach and Mt. Tamalpais. Maybe we could have a west coast .Org run? The giant redwoods are beautiful any time of the year.

Found it on the map and duly noted.

One of my all time favorites memories. Our first org get together in OKC/Noble. Watching and rooting for Professor who won at the drag strip that night. We were so tired we were delirious, laughing at all the jokes, eating dinner at 2:00am. Omar tells the best jokes, and Hal had so many Little Johnny's it was priceless. I will always remember why I love to eat parsley.

This was during the '08 Bash. VMan and I were doing a "plank check". I attended 3 Bashes and each has it's own great memories. This particular year I took my then 13 year old daughter. I believe this was also the year of "get out of the road", and the gentlemen from Suzuki design/engineering attending. Good time with great folks!

Bash 08 028.jpg

I have so many amazing memories, I honestly wouldn't know where to begin...the laughs make it!

Watching GIXER, Mike and friends think they're being sneaky while they TP'd by Busa as I sat literally 10 feet away trying to not laugh as I watched...

Busting JetLi as he TP'd my Busa and telling him it would be better if he'd taken his shirt off while he did it (he works out ya know)...I could see how red his face got in the dark!

The "Biscuit Bash" breakfast with Don, Omar and Mr. Bogus........I don't think I've cried so much over food in my life...

Ozzy around the firepit...why didn't we have smart phones then?!!

Working on bikes with Omar and Shawn, or just watching Omar and Shawn work on bikes, whichever it always is :thumbsup:

Seeing vman's face light up the second he'd roll in to Ms. Reba's, ready to go ride...

Being a part of that memorial ride for vman; most surreal moment with friends from the oRg ever.

MC's retirement from the Marine's...wouldn't have missed it for the world.

captain's never-ending generosity for his family here...

I honestly could sit here all day and come up with story after story after story...

All the years I've been here I've only ridden with a few people. It was always a blast though. I do plan on doing a trip around the country again in about a year after I retire and maybe then I can meet up with more of you.

I have some intense ones, like crashing in front of everyone at the Phillips! But trying to dry our clothes after riding in the freezing cold rain for hours with Vabs and Earlybird and realizing we had the clothes in the washer instead of the dryer was a real test of character. I have a strange relationship with the org. I have met people here who I love and admire for their willingness to help absolutely anyone, love of a good, safe time on the bikes, dedication to this project (the org) and their genuinely great nature as people. I have also been madder at those same people than most anyone I know. I must say it's been quite a journey and looking back on it the good times greatly outweigh the bad.

:beerchug:

I have some intense ones, like crashing in front of everyone at the Phillips! But trying to dry our clothes after riding in the freezing cold rain for hours with Vabs and Earlybird and realizing we had the clothes in the washer instead of the dryer was a real test of character. I have a strange relationship with the org. I have met people here who I love and admire for their willingness to help absolutely anyone, love of a good, safe time on the bikes, dedication to this project (the org) and their genuinely great nature as people. I have also been madder at those same people than most anyone I know. I must say it's been quite a journey and looking back on it the good times greatly outweigh the bad.

:beerchug:

The good news is that we have all been that way with each other at one time or another. When you get to know someone you see the good, the bad and the ugly but somehow there is always (usually) understanding and a willingness to work through the problem. I would have to say that most of the time we are passionate about our perspectives and willing to stand for our beliefs but discuss the impacts and perceptions others have too. This is what makes this group different in my opinion, not just a website you can come to and talk smack about someone, call them what you want and walk off. To be respected you have to be able to speak, listen and then discuss.. Over time some of the best conversations I have had have been with those I disagree with on most issues but value their opinions and respect them for who they are. You fall into the category of a guy that always has great conversations, sometimes heated but always civil and willing to hug it out.

Love the people !

My favorite memory....MC Mustangs butt. Lmao!!!

Seriously, I have so many.
The fist time I met Don and he told Randy & I we could ride with him because he was slow.
The time Gixrhp had to use the GPS to get back to the Phillips motel. He was only a half mile away, if that.
The track days at Barber.
Going to members homes for cookouts and parties.
Oh and how about all those pink Barbie shirts for Fans! Fun times.

Back