The Memorial Weekend

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
This Saturday afternoon, as I prep my bike to do a 6 hour loop into the Sierras tomorrow, it occurred to me that this is an important 3 day weekend.
To the veterans and those that have lost a veteran....I honor you and your contributions to our country. I've lost a few friends along the way, and when I go to the Vietnam Memorial this summer, I'll wonder why them and not me. My life is so good, I love and am loved...I get to experience all this great stuff and they never will....but they helped make it so I could....and for that, I'm eternally grateful. Where we ride, they, in some way, ride with us.
And finally, to my fellow Marines, Semper Fidelis. Raydog

Img_9400_Doyle.jpg

(raydog @ May 26 2007,21:53) This Saturday afternoon, as I prep my bike to do a 6 hour loop into the Sierras tomorrow, it occurred to me that this is an important 3 day weekend.
To the veterans and those that have lost a veteran....I honor you and your contributions to our country. I've lost a few friends along the way, and when I go to the Vietnam Memorial this summer, I'll wonder why them and not me. My life is so good, I love and am loved...I get to experience all this great stuff and they never will....but they helped make it so I could....and for that, I'm eternally grateful. Where we ride, they, in some way, ride with us.
And finally, to my fellow Marines, Semper Fidelis.  Raydog
+1 Well, said!

Wow - pretty well put. Semper Fidelis!

i've grown a big respect for people in service from all you guys on this board. because of this i've noticed that i have'nt seen much representation on the streets, except for the fire house down the block that hung the m.i.a. flag.

there is an air show at a major beach this weekend...just have'nt seen much else around...?

i dont know how else to put this but; big respect to you guys.

I hear ya raydog! Well said! Lost more than one Army buddy myself............way back when.
Hey, did me a short 2 hour Sierra Mountain loop yesterday, great weather for it. We might be doing somethig similar either Tuesday or Wednesday.
Ride safe!

Back