Rayabusa0818 Memorial Ride 9/3/2011

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
Saturday September 3rd, 2011

Don Williams Memorial Ride Saturday September 3rd....Leaving Bakewell BP at 27 and McCallie Ferry Rd kickstands up at 9:00 am est. Come join us on the trail Don loved to ride to Monteagle. Lunch at the Smokehouse Restaurant then back down the mountain either via to Stevenson or 24 back up Sequatchie Valley. Approx 223 miles round trip. Don's brother Winford will be riding with us again this year. Ride Safe…hope to see you Saturday.

Don Abernathy, a very close friend of Dons, sent me this information last night and requested I post it here on the .ORG. Don loved this place as much as he did riding. If you can, come ride one of Dons favorite rides with us in memory of a great friend we all loved. :)

You guys have a great ride. I would give anything to join you. I miss Don so much. He is on my screen saver so I think of him everyday. The last time I was down there to see him, we rode all day and most of the evening, some at a decent pace. He was on his Gixxer, and I was riding his busa. I had a hard time keeping up with him. We ate dinner at one of his favorite places downtown, great food and when you walk in, they have the best lookin deserts you could ever set your eyes on. Although we were both stuffed, we had to have some pie. Before heading back to his house, he asked me not to say anything about the ride to his wife. I told him I wouldn't tell her we were going a little fast at times. Don said "no dummy, don't let her know I had the pie" Miss you pal. Have a safe ride all.

i'll be thinking about you guys! wish i could be there, i really miss him! ride safe and take lots of pics :beerchug:

You guys have a great ride. I would give anything to join you. I miss Don so much. He is on my screen saver so I think of him everyday. The last time I was down there to see him, we rode all day and most of the evening, some at a decent pace. He was on his Gixxer, and I was riding his busa. I had a hard time keeping up with him. We ate dinner at one of his favorite places downtown, great food and when you walk in, they have the best lookin deserts you could ever set your eyes on. Although we were both stuffed, we had to have some pie. Before heading back to his house, he asked me not to say anything about the ride to his wife. I told him I wouldn't tell her we were going a little fast at times. Don said "no dummy, don't let her know I had the pie" Miss you pal. Have a safe ride all.

He was a great friend to everyone. The City Cafe, is where you ate, and yes, the deserts are Grand! :) I know you were a good friend to Don, he spoke of you often.

Okay, see you at Chick-fil-a in Hixson at 0800 Saturday. :thumbsup:

And Tim, you know he loved you like a brother.I'm sure Don will be with you in spirit.

wm_normal_dsc_0057.jpg

You guys be safe. If I could be there, I would. Don is missed truly, there is no way to fill the void left in my heart after his passing........

Where/when are you gonna break/eat in Monteagle? Maybe I could come in from the other end for lunch....

Sad i can not attend. If any man deserves a memorial ride, Don is that Man.

I'm going to try and make it ... This should be a fun ride.... Tim shoot me your cell number if you dont mind.....

Back