top 100 bikes

The British bike crowd has a totally different view of bikes then we do in the states. They have been pushing Honda (Fireblade especially) since the nineties. I was always like, wtf?

Your right on the button on this. The Uk has since the early 80's been into sport bikes Blade, R1, Gsxr, and the like, but they are slowley looking to more performance naked bikes and the best selling bike BMW GS 1200 Adventure.This is mainly down to more Speed enforcement camera's, Me I always liked big FAST sports tourer types.:whistle:

I think they did a good job, ducati 1098 is on my list, but now u got the BMW 1000RR maybe its up for the challenge.

:rofl: with uncle Tom Quinn's comments on the UK, come on man please give that little island off of europe a break....... is it true that when you go to Sacramento you put your watch back 200 years......1) its Top Gear.....2) its MCN......it not real life it's total fiction mate :laugh::beerchug: mine you some of the girls are ugly and some guys are gay. Don't knock it unless you've tried it:thumbsup:

The British bike crowd has a totally different view of bikes then we do in the states. They have been pushing Honda (Fireblade especially) since the nineties. I was always like, wtf?

Did not come from England, but all over Europe before the US. Took me a long time to make peace with all those plastics on a Hayabusa, but I guess if you want speed, you need wind protection.

Still love the Honda 919, a real fun bike in the city.

Won't catch me on a cruiser or a Harley, well, maybe the V-Rod.

The US is pretty unique in the bike world, with Harley still leading the pack I think.

Please forgive the observation as I have no wish to offend our British cousins, but this survey seems only to take into account the bikes that are best suited for traversing British roadways. For those who've never been to the British Isles their roads are typically much narrower than ours in the States and frequently the surfaces are either cobbled or differently paved, e.g., cobbled, brick, or heavily marked with lane markings. And, the Brits have to put up with speed camera's up the wazoo - like on the freeways and such. Too boot, the British endure considerably more rainfall than we do in the States meaning wet weather riding is the norm, not the exception. Not to mention parking in most cities is so tight a Busa simply wouldn’t fit... So, with that said the bikes they selected work pretty well for their terrain and encroached environmental conditions. Lastly, there are considerably fewer places there open enough to allow the Busa to stretch its legs so to speak. Perhaps some of our fellow .oRg Brits can chime in with their observations..?
-Jim

Back