Top 10 best Bikes of 2008

Where is the list to compare bikes to how well they hold together?
biggrin.gif

They are also harder to do performance mods on in my opinion.  Good bike though.
Why is that?  Would think they are much easier to mod.
+1

You can get the most trick racing swingarms. Elka and Penske roadrace shocks are designed with liters and 600's in mind. Also APE has some sick all motor upgrades, as long as the classes in AMA, WERA, WSMC, CCS, and AFM allow for it.

But there is just as much aftermarket for liters as there are for Busas.

Turbos and Nitrous on the other hand....purely at the Busa's advantage.

I am reading the article and im am confused.
0-60
Hayabusa 2.58
GSXR1k   2.78

0-100
Hayabusa 4.99
GSXR1k   5.08

0-150
Hayabusa 10.18
GSXR1k   10.06

100-150
Hayabusa 5.19
GSXR1k   4.98

But yet the 1/4 times are this:
Hayabusa 9.90 @147.94
GSXR1k   9.98 @149.49

Top Speed
Hayabusa 185.68
GSXR1k   185.29

Ohhh and this little bit of info

100-180
Hayabusa 13.26
GSXR1k   13.43
ZX-10k   11.99
ZX-14    14.73

0-180
Hayabusa 18.25
GSXR1k   18.51
ZX-10k   17.21
ZX-14    19.77

WOW that ZX-10R must be on roids.. I was impressed on how close, if not beating the hayabusa, on some areas that the GSXR1k did..
don't be too suprised that the liters are evenly matched. They ARE RACEBIKES with street equipment. Power to weight ratio automatically goes to the liters.

But the Busa will definitely smoke a 14 when it comes to twisties and trackdays. I love how they say the Busa "handles like a jumbo-sized Gixxer."

I rode a buddies 04' ZX10 and it felt like a rocket for real.  Too light for my taste though and not enough wind protection either.  If I were 120lbs and 5'2" tall then maybe.  I will stick to my comfortable Busa.  Wind protection and weight to keep the stability.  How fast you get to 180+ is one thing but how long you can hold it is another.
Really?

I'm 6' 220lbs and find the 06 1K comfortable enough for 300 mile rides and obviously trackdays. I even have the suspension setup pretty stiff for the twisties and track. I can even rest the chinbar of my helmet on the gas tank and still see thru the windscreen and not feel uncomfy. It really is in riding technique and physical endurance I guess (I actually train at the gym and run 5 miles just to prepare for trackdays and eventually some club racing).

I've had the Busa before and I do agree that overall comfort goes to the Busa. And I love the low to midrange torque as well, areas where the Gixx is anemic.

This begs a question. Does anyone tour on a GSXR1000? A busa is easy to tweak for more comfort but what mods are avaialble to make the Gixxer a bit more comfy? Bar risers, Footpeg lowering kits, seats etc. I really do like the Orange and Black GSXR1000 and if it were as adaptable as a busa that would be a whole new ballgame. I'm going googling!

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
Haya01B @ Jun. 05 2008 said:
1439169[/ATTACH] AM]
I rode a buddies 04' ZX10 and it felt like a rocket for real.  Too light for my taste though and not enough wind protection either.  If I were 120lbs and 5'2" tall then maybe.  I will stick to my comfortable Busa.  Wind protection and weight to keep the stability.  How fast you get to 180+ is one thing but how long you can hold it is another.
Really?

I'm 6' 220lbs and find the 06 1K comfortable enough for 300 mile rides and obviously trackdays. I even have the suspension setup pretty stiff for the twisties and track. I can even rest the chinbar of my helmet on the gas tank and still see thru the windscreen and not feel uncomfy. It really is in riding technique and physical endurance I guess (I actually train at the gym and run 5 miles just to prepare for trackdays and eventually some club racing).

I've had the Busa before and I do agree that overall comfort goes to the Busa. And I love the low to midrange torque as well, areas where the Gixx is anemic.
I've got to chime in here as well so that you guys that have never thrown a leg over a liter bike won't just automatically think they are that uncomfortable for the street. I as well do many 300 mile + days and for me my 07 GSXR1000 is just as comfy as my 05 busa was. 9000 trouble free miles on the clock, have had her for 11 months. Most of my riding is in the twisties, where the liter bikes come into their own! It all depends on the shape you're in, IMO. I do 4 - 5 mile jogs every other day and other aerobic exercises on the alternate days to stay physically fit, it works kids! BTW..........today is my birthday, 64 big ones.
cool.gif

zzwhip.gif

I guess it just depends on your physical state more than your build. If you are elastic and can adapt to different positions then you can ride most anything. On the other hand if you are out of shape and your joints don't like to be held in certain positions then you better test the fields before you buy. I love the Liter bikes but my legs just start to hurt even when I just sit on them in the show room at the stealerships. I wish I could be more adaptable too!

Even on the the busa you have to work your abs so that you arent putting too much presure on your armms that they start to become numb, you will be surprised how much better in shape you are when ride everyday. Its a total body work out, I have been off my bike for about 8 months due to an accident, and I can feel the difference. Now those who also go to the gym it just make it that much better.

Even on the the busa you have to work your abs so that you arent putting too much presure on your armms that they start to become numb, you will be surprised how much better in shape you are when ride everyday.  Its a total body work out, I have been off my bike for about 8 months due to an accident, and I can feel the difference.  Now those who also go to the gym it just make it that much better.
exactly.

I actually got tired faster on the Busa then I did on the Gixx (on track of course). But, during my time on the busa and now, I learned to grip the handlebars less, even to where you can move your fingers around freely on the grips. Most of the "hanging on/hanging off" is done with your legs and supported by your core, i.e, abs, lower back, and buttocks. That's why cardio/aerobic training, leg workouts, ab work, and low back extension excercises are done much more by roadracers. Not to mention riding bicycles daily.

But physical conditioning does play a role in how comfy you'll be. Even getting in a full tuck can wear you out if the ole' belly gets in the way (my weakness. I love food too much to give it up).
laugh.gif

Back