TonyM995 Gen 3 Build

found this on the net today, you?
Yes that’s mine. I’ve been flying rc airplanes a ton and didn’t touch either of my motorcycles this year. That day he spent 1.5 hours on the phone with me adjusting the map to get it started. My wiring is all good so it was just laptop work. I’m very proud of the work I’ve done and the quality.
Hi Tony,

Are you ok?

I hope you are well.
I was not well (depression) but I’m okay. I’m back in the garage now and still planning on buying a turbo kit. Not sure what clutch I’ll go with but I’ve had a DME arm and M2 shock sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.

I have to wire the lights and the wastegate stuff still plus remove the oil cooler.

It’s nice to be back and I’ll try to read up on others threads to see how you are all doing. Merry Christmas from Denver, Colorado.

IMG_9636.jpeg

Yes that’s mine. I’ve been flying rc airplanes a ton and didn’t touch either of my motorcycles this year. That day he spent 1.5 hours on the phone with me adjusting the map to get it started. My wiring is all good so it was just laptop work. I’m very proud of the work I’ve done and the quality.

I was not well (depression) but I’m okay. I’m back in the garage now and still planning on buying a turbo kit. Not sure what clutch I’ll go with but I’ve had a DME arm and M2 shock sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.

I have to wire the lights and the wastegate stuff still plus remove the oil cooler.

It’s nice to be back and I’ll try to read up on others threads to see how you are all doing. Merry Christmas from Denver, Colorado.

View attachment 1674813
Happy to have you back, Tony!

View attachment 1674813
Take any videos of you flying the planes?

Good to see you are back at it in the garage...depression is a tough thing to get through....

Hi Tony,

Hope you are doing well!

Have you finished the standalone wiring?

How was the project? Difficult? Interesting? Worth it? :)
It’s a very steep learning curve! Most things are wired and the bike has been able to start/idle for months now but it needs a lot of tuning.

I’m happy to share the install document I’m creating if you PM me your email address. Eventually I’ll post it for anyone but it’s still a work in progress.

Worth it is a tricky question. I’m happy with my choices but for the average person I’d say it’s far better to go with Boost by Smith and a Maxx ecu. Then you’re not trying to learn so much at once and his support is better than anyone in the world as far as I’m concerned.

No videos of the rc planes but I’ll be doing that a lot still and want to get a turbine powered jet eventually. I’ll let you know if I do any filming next year.
I tried the RC helicopter route once.....I sucked at that but it as on me as I went to a more advanced helicopter than I should have only because I like scale models....

Maybe I'll try a less advanced helicopter with more "nannies" that keep it level and can land it if necessary...

The turbine planes are cool.....I went to an RC airshow a few times and I knew a guy (F-18 pilot) that had a scale F-18....he had around $40k tied up in that...........but it was uber-cool......

It’s a very steep learning curve! Most things are wired and the bike has been able to start/idle for months now but it needs a lot of tuning.

I’m happy to share the install document I’m creating if you PM me your email address. Eventually I’ll post it for anyone but it’s still a work in progress.

Worth it is a tricky question. I’m happy with my choices but for the average person I’d say it’s far better to go with Boost by Smith and a Maxx ecu. Then you’re not trying to learn so much at once and his support is better than anyone in the world as far as I’m concerned.
Man what a compliment :) thx!

Nice work getting it going!

@smithabusa sorry to bother you but is this fitting I can use as a tee to get fuel pressure?

Then I can get this for the pressure sensor I believe. Is that the right size? 1/4”

I saved this picture you posted a long time ago and can’t find that thread to ask you in.
IMG_7019.jpeg

Man what a compliment :) thx!

Nice work getting it going!
It’s true. You have the best support in the world as far as I’m concerned.

I’m a Fueltech fanboy and love their stuff. They have amazing support for cars but little support for motorcycles. I joined facebook for the Fueltech Motorcycle Group and they seem helpful but your involvement on this forum and the community in general can’t be beat.

I’m happy with the route I went but learning everything I did about wiring was not easy or cheap. Now I have to finish the lights (which I don’t want to do) and learn how to make my engine run properly at startup, idle, and partial throttle. Then full throttle tuning.

All that said, for the average guy I’d recommend Boost by Smith hands down.

@smithabusa sorry to bother you but is this fitting I can use as a tee to get fuel pressure?

Then I can get this for the pressure sensor I believe. Is that the right size? 1/4”

I saved this picture you posted a long time ago and can’t find that thread to ask you in.
View attachment 1675209
This is what I used

I always thought David ligouri was the fueltech motorcycle side, has he been pretty good with helping?

Looking forward to seeing your bike with that arm on it!
I mean yeah but he didn’t do provide any training or how-to guides so it’s been me figuring everything out. He’s got a Facebook group and I joined FB to be in that group. Haven’t posted any questions because the bike runs now. The only wiring left is the lights and the wastegate outputs.

How do you guys set timing? Or how can I attach the timing wheel to the motor? I also have a pointer.

@13B-RX3 how did you bolt this wheel to the piece on the inside?

The way Liguori shows doesn’t use a wheel like 13B does. I bought a motion pro wheel and timing light with no adjustment.

IMG_9916.jpeg

I use a coil plug wire adapter from the stock coil down to the plug, put light on that, and then look in the window you have pic of, set ecu to 0 degrees timing and line the line up

I bought a COP adapter for a car and didn’t realize the spark plug cap size is different.

I’ll just buy a single spark plug wire and make one.

MPS gives you a spark plug cap and threaded piece to put in the factory coil. I’d rather not have to pull the spark plug.

IMG_9934.jpeg

I can’t get it to read the coil firing. The side on the plug fits good but the side on the coil doesn’t have a proper adapter. I just used the piece they crimp to and stuck it in the coil. When manually firing the coil my timing light does not light up.

Any ideas for the coil end of this?

IMG_9953.jpeg

I can’t get it to read the coil firing. The side on the plug fits good but the side on the coil doesn’t have a proper adapter. I just used the piece they crimp to and stuck it in the coil. When manually firing the coil my timing light does not light up.

Any ideas for the coil end of this?

View attachment 1677014
i used a piece of threaded rod, about same size as what the stock plug has, though don't recall the size, so that it shoves up into it like the stock plug does

How do you guys set timing? Or how can I attach the timing wheel to the motor? I also have a pointer.

@13B-RX3 how did you bolt this wheel to the piece on the inside?

The way Liguori shows doesn’t use a wheel like 13B does. I bought a motion pro wheel and timing light with no adjustment.

View attachment 1676661
Sorry for the late reply. I bought a longer bolt and made a spacer. Removed the factory bolt and and used the longer bolt/spacer to attach it to the crank. Set the pointer with a TDC stop. I tend to go to great lengths, to make sure my base timing is 120% accurate.

Back