Tobin Seats

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
I think Ive read about a thousand posts on the Tobin seats and for the most part people comment on looks and comfort, noone seems to be commenting on functionality, I am curious about how the lowered seat height is going to effect the feel of the bike when cornering in the twistys.  I am interested in hearing others opinions on their new Tobin seat conversions, I actually took mine out for a little ride last night for the first time on the Tobin, first thing I noticed was that when you put your feet down you now feel the width of the seat pan on your inner theighs, secondly sitting on the bike with feet down I'm now flat footed with knees bent, Damn this feels like a whole different bike.  Third thing I noticed is that with the stock seat I used to kinda have a unintentional tendancy to slide around a bit, that's definetly not happening now, now I am in a pocket and that's where I stay.  The next thing I noticed is that to me it feels as if the whole bike is lower, not just the seat, granted I only ran around town for a bit, you know stop light to stop light but just got the overall feeling that I was on a drag bike not a sport bike, not even ever really piloted an actual drag bike but to me that's what it felt like and of course along with that came the desire to hammer the throttle from every green light, great another reason to want to exercise the Busa's potential.  I know I'm gonna have to go on some serious rides to fully evaluate the seat and the new riding position it offers but was just curious as to how the rest of you are feeling about your new Tobin seats.

BEST SEATS MADE PERIOD!!!
beerchug.gif

I think all the things you have said have been said in other threads.

Just buy the thing! Everyone here almost has one, You can't go wrong unless you pick some insanely ugly color!

Back on topic, I will be doing the HD mod (buell pegs) this weekend. The tobin does lower the ride height. because of this, I feel more cramped in the bike. I have a 30-31 in inseam and im in my early 30's age wise. The foot pegs are stock and the seat is lower with the tobin. Since my hips are now closer to my ankles, there is a more acute angle in my knees. For those of you who have knee problems, this could be an issue. Luckily, I dont have knee problems, but I forsee some binding if I were to increase layering. I used to comfortably wear underarmer thermals, jeans and my two piece Aerostich Roadcrafter on cold days. with the smaller knee angle, it maybe less confortable. I expect the HD mod to increase my leg room.

One thing I do miss about the stock seat is the ability to move around. Now in the Tobin, Im nesled in one spot. Im primarily a sport tourer and I havent had any long days on my seat yet. We will see if this becomes an issue.

I was noticing last week how the back of the 08 looked like the seat area of the Vespa... gotta use a bit of imagination but I think it is pretty easy to see .... you heard it here first, Suzuki rips off Vespa for the Busa...
woot.gif

Back