Thoughts on cruisers??

I'm just waiting for the new Strom, my DL1000 picks up the most miles as all arounder. I don't want to wear the do rag. I would consider BMW if I was loaded, the new 1600 gets great press, but so big. The Strom remains agile.

2014-suzuki-v-strom-1000-concept-01.jpg

That storm is a nice looking bike, ive seen a ducati that is styled similarly. Thats the type of bike i'd wanna go cross country on on and off roads :thumbsup:

I think we should all own 15-20 different bikes at all times, for example..

My favorite antique bike

My favorite new bike

My favorite cruiser

My favorite sport bike

My favorite color bike

My favorite dirt bike

My favorite really fast bike

My favorite junky bike to work on

My favorite Japanese bike

My favorite european bike

My favorite American bike

This list just goes on.

We could even buy bigger wallets so we could afford these.:laugh::laugh:

That storm is a nice looking bike, ive seen a ducati that is styled similarly. Thats the type of bike i'd wanna go cross country on on and off roads :thumbsup:

Strom is a great bike with a great history. Not sure that would be my pick for a x-country bike as it would struggle on the highway.

I agree there is a few bikes on my list which is why I'm considering the nightrod so I can cross Harley off my list :laugh: I'd also like to own a ducati just because.... A track bike and street/trail. As for going cross country on a bike like that storm your right Fallen it wouldn't do very well on the highway but that's the point. If I'm gonna chart a path across the country I wouldn't wanna spend most of my time looking @ highway :beerchug:

I agree there is a few bikes on my list which is why I'm considering the nightrod so I can cross Harley off my list :laugh: I'd also like to own a ducati just because.... A track bike and street/trail. As for going cross country on a bike like that storm your right Fallen it wouldn't do very well on the highway but that's the point. If I'm gonna chart a path across the country I wouldn't wanna spend most of my time looking @ highway :beerchug:

I actually sat on a v-rod and it just didnt fit my profile.Read a review on the v-rod and it states,if your 5ft 7 or less and 175? pounds or less this might be the bike for you.Any bigger than that and it just doenst fit .Believe me I like power but in HD community the v-rod is the red headed step child that other HD riders look down on.Its not a Harley.But does have its badge.

include victorys in your choice also!

I'm keeping my busa but will at some point buy another crusier like I had, 06 Victory Jackpot.Maybe a little newer if able.It was a Blast stoplight to stoplight.LOL.Mine was tuned in helen georgia by Lloyd from Lloydz MotorWorks himself.Made Very nice increase in power.

I'm just waiting for the new Strom, my DL1000 picks up the most miles as all arounder. I don't want to wear the do rag. I would consider BMW if I was loaded, the new 1600 gets great press, but so big. The Strom remains agile.

looks like a cool bike. Almost like a dirt bike.

Hey Squale that's exactly what I'm looking for! That nightrod looks BadA** :bowdown: I have sat on a couple nightrods and they fit me just fine........ I could care less what HD world thinks of them. I've always got what "I" wanted. I could give 2 chits what some old crusty dude on a bagger thinks. I'm buying a bike 4 me not to please every1 else :whistle:

If you're looking for a weekend bike to ride two-up, you should check out the accessories for the V-Rod to make sure it's a comfortable bike for the passenger.

Hey Squale that's exactly what I'm looking for! That nightrod looks BadA** :bowdown: I have sat on a couple nightrods and they fit me just fine........ I could care less what HD world thinks of them. I've always got what "I" wanted. I could give 2 chits what some old crusty dude on a bagger thinks. I'm buying a bike 4 me not to please every1 else :whistle:

i agree 100%....the bike is for you and your the one that needs to happy with your choice..like i said its a great bike with lots of hp/tq and with good comfort.. i will own 1 one day... i say go for it...

I looked at the vrod, it made my old man happy..... then I told him my new 2013 Limited Busa was going to be my cruiser :laugh::lol:

The Busa is 10xs more comfortable to me than ANY cruiser, seriously.

I'm curious to know how many miles you have traveled on a trip with your busa vs a cruiser of equal distance? What type of cruiser was used as well

I figure: If it's got two wheels and engine, be out riding it. But if you're looking for Busa performance from a cruiser... There's a reason they call them "Cruisers" dude. It ain't from performance. But if that's what you're after, then get a Boss Hoss. Other than that, you gotta do a lot of test rides with and without your special lady.

Back