Thought I would do my part to help the communty

Elganja

Registered
Dropped my bike today at HPC so GPW (Greg) can do some more testing on the 08 busa. Any new information he finds out, he will post in this thread. He is going to do a baseline dyno (of mods I already have) as well as dyno'ing after changes. I know he has a few tricks up his sleeves so I'll let him post about it. I even heard a rumor that some video's may be made to explain some things
winkold.gif

Post in here if you have question for GPW. I'm sure he will do all he can to answer them or find the answer for you.

Greg, it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife today. Your shop is top notch. Your dyno room was like nothing I have ever seen before! Can't wait to see what new tricks and truth you uncover!

Hey thanks for the test mule (orange & black Gen II sure looks purdy)...and I am happy we were able to get in here on a Sunday, it was my son's birthday today he is 4. We will keep you posted with all the info and yes there will be several videos to answer some questions you may have.

Test Bike:

2008 Hayabusa
Orange & Black
250 Miles

Current Mods:
Brocks Smeg Alien Head
DNA Air Filter
PCIII w/Brocks Map
O2 Sensor removed

beerchug.gif

CLICK GRAPHS

<center>
<a href="http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/ZX14NETLLC/4160e20d.jpg" target="_blank">
th_4160e20d.jpg
<a href="http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/ZX14NETLLC/00ba21d8.jpg" target="_blank">
th_00ba21d8.jpg
<a href="http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/ZX14NETLLC/34e93da3.jpg" target="_blank">
th_34e93da3.jpg
</center>

We began with our baseline testing today with your 2008 Hayabusa. We ran the bike until we pulled max power. The bike as delivered with supplied mapping as seen above. There are also two other sheets which show the pipe compared to the Yoshimura R-77 we tested in our climate controlled room, sheets are in two versions, both systems mapped via PCIII and running on the stock ECU with O2 sensor installed. Both were ran with pump gas.

Overall the power gains are very good. The SMEG is certainly louder than the R-77 with baffle out of both systems. But for those venturing to the race track that won't really matter. I plan to do some mapping adjustments to the bike's current map to see if we can squeeze anything else out of it and then we will revert the bike back to the stock ECU and O2 sensor for more testing.

We are also going to work with some resistors to see if we can get the closed loop system to keep the bike at a steady 13.1 AFR running off the OEM ECU and O2 sensor. More testing soon stay tuned.  

thumb_up.gif

First off thanks for posting the info!

I am a little confused though, couple quick questions, Did my bike have the stock 02 installed or did it have the dynojet plug in it? I'm not sure if you meant the r77 one did and mine didn't or if infact they both had it. If in fact mine did have the stock 02 in there, I would be curious to see if there would be any changes with the stock 02 removed.

I am a little confused though, couple quick questions, Did my bike have the stock 02 installed or did it have the dynojet plug in it? I'm not sure if you meant the r77 one did and mine didn't or if infact they both had it. If in fact mine did have the stock 02 in there, I would be curious to see if  there would be any changes with the stock 02 removed.
Your bike was as delivered no O2 installed w/PCII. I plan on putting the stock one in as soon as we can get the OEM to fit your SMEG. All testing was as you rolled it off the trailer.

I am a little confused though, couple quick questions, Did my bike have the stock 02 installed or did it have the dynojet plug in it? I'm not sure if you meant the r77 one did and mine didn't or if infact they both had it. If in fact mine did have the stock 02 in there, I would be curious to see if there would be any changes with the stock 02 removed.
Your bike was as delivered no O2 installed w/PCII. I plan on putting the stock one in as soon as we can get the OEM to fit your SMEG. All testing was as you rolled it off the trailer.
cool thanks for the clarification Greg! Keep up the good work!

I am a little confused though, couple quick questions, Did my bike have the stock 02 installed or did it have the dynojet plug in it? I'm not sure if you meant the r77 one did and mine didn't or if infact they both had it. If in fact mine did have the stock 02 in there, I would be curious to see if  there would be any changes with the stock 02 removed.

thumb_up.gif

With PCIII installed. Sorry for the typo. I am going to see if there is anything else in the mapping first before we try other testing. No filter, OEM filter, Pipercross Filter. With ram air, without ram air and so forth.

I see where the clarification is needed now, we posted a sheet showing both bikes mapped using the PCIII. But we only have the R-77 piped bike running with the ECU and OEM 02 alone.

am i an idiot or is anyone else confused now...haha...

so both are K8's

One is with Yosh r77 Full sys and stock ECU, and STOCK O2, Stock air filter
the other is k8 with Brocks Smeg Alien Head,DNA Air Filter,PCIII w/Brocks Map,O2 Sensor removed..

is this correct?

so both are K8's

the other is k8 with Brocks Smeg Alien Head,DNA Air Filter,PCIII w/Brocks Map,O2 Sensor removed..

is this correct?
Yes that is correct.

I think to be exact it goes like this (Greg correct me if I am wrong):

Starting from top to bottom:
1) SMEG, DNA, PC3usb Brock Street Map, NO o2 vs. R77, Pipercross, Stock ECU, STOCK O2
2) SMEG, DNA, PC3usb Brock Street Map, NO o2 vs. R77, Pipercross, PC3USB HPC Map, NO 02, Secondary plates removed (IIRC)
3) SMEG, DNA, PC3usb Brock Street Map, NO o2

so both are K8's

is this correct?
Yes that is correct.

I think to be exact it goes like this (Greg correct me if I am wrong):

Starting from top to bottom:
1) SMEG, DNA, PC3usb Brock Street Map, NO o2 vs. R77, Pipercross, Stock ECU, STOCK O2
2) SMEG, DNA, PC3usb Brock Street Map, NO o2 vs. R77, Pipercross, PC3USB HPC Map, NO 02, Secondary plates removed (IIRC)
3) SMEG, DNA, PC3usb Brock Street Map, NO o2
You are correct..I will be sure to break things down a bit more on my next post.
thumb_up.gif

We should have similiar info with the K8 and the Ti-Force Sumo in a week or two as well.

I got a question how come you don't have a pic of your 14 as your avatar?
Yes, I have a 14 and its the fastest NOS 14 in the world for 2007 it will be out and about in 2008 with our other bikes. Since this is a Busa board its not a good place to have it as a Avatar. I did re-build the Turbo Busa in my Avatar and also built a pretty nasty 2006 Hayabusa of my own "Thor". I am deciding between a Duc 1098 and the K8 Busa for a purchase in the Spring. Any other questions call my shop thanks we are doing some testing here at my customers request. Ok, back to the topic.

Ok, day two. I spent about two hours working on the mapping. I got the air fuel smoothed out the best I could. With the secondary throttle plates in there and having to match cracking the throttle with the opening and closing on the secondary's made things interesting. Nevertheless we picked some more power and got a really smooth AFR. The mapping still needs more work up top. I would say this is peak power for this set-up which is outstanding.

Next we will play with some air filters and see what gives in that department. More later today. Just click the dyno sheet below. The dyno sheet shows how the bike was delivered, with DNA Filter, PCIII, Brock's SMEG and map pre-loaded on PCIII and remapping at HPC.

<center>
<a href="http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/ZX14NETLLC/b8a72b0e.jpg" target="_blank">
th_b8a72b0e.jpg
</center>

We also saw that in modes B & C the perfect AFR curve goes hay wire confirming that the PCIII only addresses the mapping in the mode you map the bike in, in my case mode "A".

I'm extremely suprised to see that the Yosh R-77 seems to be putting out close to the same or even a little bit more power than the Brocks pipe. I'm starting to think you will get close to the same power no matter what exhaust you put on it. Can't wait to see the results for the Ti-Force system.

I'm extremely suprised to see that the Yosh R-77 seems to be putting out close to the same or even a little bit more power than the Brocks pipe. I'm starting to think you will get close to the same power no matter what exhaust you put on it. Can't wait to see the results for the Ti-Force system.
I agree, they are almost dead even.

Greg keep up the good work!
thumb_up.gif

Back