Thinking of getting a dog...

Lucky34

Registered
Well, I'm thinking of getting a dog, and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions... So far, I'm leaning towards a Labrador Retriever.
Here are some rough ideas of what I'm looking for:
Cool-looking, yet cute.
*relatively* small, yet something big enough that I can play with without breaking.
Probably short hair (thinking about how much hair I'll have to vacuum - It'll be mostly and indoor doggy
smile.gif
)
Smart - something easy to train and very obedient.
And a good companion.
Hmmm... I don't know what else. I'm hoping you guys will chime in and name some breeds and/or post some pics of your pooches and what you think of them...

<!--EDIT|Busaman86
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125991258 -->

How about one of these, not so small, but ready to ride at all times!

uploaded_MojoGoggles.jpg

Go to www. dogbreedinfo.com.. there is a questionaire you can do and it will tell you what breeds that fit you. Then go the pounds..you'd be suprised at how many full bred dogs are there.

i could not make my mind up so i got 2 labs...the only down side with them is that they get arthritis (sp?) easily...the black one is about a year and a half old with arthritis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have as rott/chow puppy free to a good home . Dont have the time to spend with her like i should . 5 months old. will meet half way im in augusta georgia

Posted up a little over a week ago....I just bought a Beagle pup. We've got 2 of them at home.....great dogs, can take being tossed around a bit without damage, & very loyal. Here's my pup w/remote for scale...

DSC00767.jpg

Look into Springer Spaniels. Great companians. Great around kids. Very protective. Very playful. Big enough to chew up an intruder, but small enough to think their a lap dog. Hard to break. The fur might be too long for your taste, but they only shed twice a year.

biggrin.gif

http://www.springerrescue.org/

katie_in_field.JPG

Lab is a good choice, just don't get one from a puppy mill. (At the store)

Kerry Blue Terrier.

Dad has one, GREAT with the kids, loves to play, very affectionate, DOES NOT SHED.

They are also excellent watch dogs....

Hehe
smile.gif

I think this is gonna be the lucky lil bastid
smile.gif

I'm gonna go take a look at him in person tomorrow.
Here's some pics...

upg1r38ip0.jpg

smile.gif

Back