Dog Question for you dog lovers

night_ryder

Registered
I have a question for you dog lovers. My wife is wanting a dog. She is wanting what is called a chiweenie. It is chihuahua/Dachshund hybrid. I was wondering if you guys have heard of this breed and if you could give me some info on them. I want to know what i'm getting into before i get one for her.
Thanks

I have a question for you dog lovers. My wife is wanting a dog. She is wanting what is called a chiweenie. It is chihuahua/Dachshund hybrid. I was wondering if you guys have heard of this breed and if you could give me some info on them. I want to know what i'm getting into before i get one for her.
Thanks

hybrid?:laugh:

I can not bring myself to try to say that name of that thing out loud. If the dog can't guard, hunt, or just look tough...go with a cat.

I never cared much for Chihuahua dogs. Every one that I know of barks too much for me. I would recommend a bulldog/ sh!tsu mix, better known as bullsh!ts!:laugh:

hey hey hey I have a chicuahua and I am not afraid to say it. Mine never barks my other dogs bark all the time I have only heard him do it like twice. My chihuahua is a great dog he is not afraid of any i mean any big dog fights with my friends great dane all the time.

ok I found some info for you

The Chihuachshund as a dog breed is still developing, and does not yet breed true, i.e. the puppies do not have consistently predictable characteristics. While many Chihuachshunds display desired traits, their appearance and behavioral characteristics remain, from a breeding standpoint, unpredictable.

As such, Chihuachshunds' hair can be anywhere from wiry to soft, and may be straight or wavy. The color range includes red, cream, white, brown and black, and most of the other colors seen in Dachshunds and Chihuahuas. Generally, Chihuachshunds retain the elongated body and floppy ears of the Dachshund breed, along with the proportionally longer legs, upturned tail.

Like most Dachshunds and Chihuahuas, Chihuachshunds are generally adaptable to most living situations, and are friendly, energetic and good with families and children (although as with any dog the temperament may vary between individuals). A central tenet of a well-bred Chihuachshund is its playful friendly personality and high level of intelligence. Can have the same back problems as weiner dogs develop.

It looks like you don't know what you are going to get because it is a new breed I attached a pic

I have found better pics just google it.

250px-Chihuachshund.jpg

Thanks

My neighbor has a chihuahua and it bites.......My friend had a dachshund and it barked all the time.

Guess it's up to you.

:laugh:

If you want a mutt go to the pound. Lots of great dogs that would love to come home with you. :thumbsup:

All of the chihuahaus I have come in contact with were a bit on the territorial side. Snapped at strangers. All the Daschunds I have seen have been great loving dogs. I was even considering a "weiner" dog at one time. I love those dogs, but they are pretty high energy. Think about your life style and pick a dog to fit into it. Don't try to make a dog fit your habits.

If you do decide to go with the "hybrid". Do your homework and check out all the breeders throughly.

Good luck. I want to see pics of the new addition. :beerchug:

ok I found some info for you

The Chihuachshund as a dog breed is still developing, and does not yet breed true, i.e. the puppies do not have consistently predictable characteristics. While many Chihuachshunds display desired traits, their appearance and behavioral characteristics remain, from a breeding standpoint, unpredictable.

As such, Chihuachshunds' hair can be anywhere from wiry to soft, and may be straight or wavy. The color range includes red, cream, white, brown and black, and most of the other colors seen in Dachshunds and Chihuahuas. Generally, Chihuachshunds retain the elongated body and floppy ears of the Dachshund breed, along with the proportionally longer legs, upturned tail.

Like most Dachshunds and Chihuahuas, Chihuachshunds are generally adaptable to most living situations, and are friendly, energetic and good with families and children (although as with any dog the temperament may vary between individuals). A central tenet of a well-bred Chihuachshund is its playful friendly personality and high level of intelligence. Can have the same back problems as weiner dogs develop.

It looks like you don't know what you are going to get because it is a new breed I attached a pic

I have found better pics just google it.

This is just sad.

Thanks
Stay away from the toy breeds unless you don't mind cleaning up urine and crap for the rest of its life. The small breeds...especially chihuahuas, are almost impossible to ever get housebroken. And chihuahuas are extremely noisy dogs, and both breeds can be aggressive and unpredictable. I would stay FAR FAR away from them. If you want a loving, smart, predictable, and easy to train dog get a mini shnauzer. The toys are nothing but trouble :banghead:

I have 6 Chihuahua's. My opinion: they bark at the same things other dogs bark at. The need training just like any other dog. They love their humans and love to be on you and sleep with you if you let them. IF you want a Chihuahua then get one and don't go for these "hybrid" breeds. We need to quit messing with mother nature and mixing breeds of anything.

Stay away from the toy breeds unless you don't mind cleaning up urine and crap for the rest of its life. The small breeds...especially chihuahuas, are almost impossible to ever get housebroken. And chihuahuas are extremely noisy dogs, and both breeds can be aggressive and unpredictable. I would stay FAR FAR away from them. If you want a loving, smart, predictable, and easy to train dog get a mini shnauzer. The toys are nothing but trouble :banghead:

Absolutely not true. I have had them for 15 years and they learn like any other dog.

All dogs are good
big ones and small ones
I love 'em all
If your heart is big
you value character
more than appearance
your local shelter is a good place to start.

Here's a pic of my Caesar
His breed is Mutt.

:love::love::love:

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

Last edited:
Back