My GF wants a little dog, what do i do!!

I think the min pin is a great compromise. And if you have your heart set on a pure bread, try the pounds first. Not only strays and mutts there. People move, get tired of their dogs etc.... Also check out the rescue groups for the min pin. Consider an adult dog over a puppy. They adapt quicker. Me personally I LOVE pound "puppies". I had wanted a collie forever (had Collie/Sheperd mix when I was little and loved it). So BW heard about a Collie/St Bernard mix in a pound and got him for me in 96'. He was 5 years old at the time and lived to be 16. He was the sweetest dog ever and had very little trouble out of him. BW is allergic to dogs so that makes him the sweetest husband ever too.
heart.gif

Good luck and enjoy!!
thumb_up.gif

my girls, basset hound and cocker spaniel *its what the papers say* "even though i think i have more cocker spaniel in me then she does"
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I vote for pound puppy first. They will love you for it. If you go for a specific breed, I say schnauzer.....

1618502376_0c65262a91_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can go to www.petfinder.com and search for rescued dogs.
And there is always craigslist...

I find our MinPin on petfinder. The Classified Ads part. $50 and she was all mine
smile.gif
(Although I think she's more of a daddy's girl than a momma's girl
blush.gif
)

Two problems with a Pom, I bought one for my first wife when she was pregnant with our son (and guess who wound up with the little bastid after the divorce?!?)-

1. Bark, yap, yip, repeat- I've almost commited canicide on a car trip.

2. The only thing more excessive than their annoyance factor is their life span- try living in dog hell for the next 15-20 years.

Ditch the girl and get one of these, took the pic yesterday- my boy Spartan Leonidas.
One short-lived name option was Arnold Schwartzendobie...

And yeah, that's a 30-inch rail he's leaning on...

biggrin.gif

DSC06348__Medium_.JPG

It all depends on how you raise them. Ours is a designer poodle,
No offense....but holy crap i was laughing my ass off.

Anyone else see the total comical irony in this image/post
Straight up gangsta......with a pink poodle. LOL

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
Yo, yo, yo there, U dissin my lttle "G"? Don't be getting up in my grill homes, yow mean! Besides, cant I be a Kinder & gentler Gangsta.

They see me rollin,
On my busa,
Cant pass me
I know they're all thinking
I'm so White N' nerdy

Back