Thinking of buying boat

Go to the Bank, withdraw LOTS of cash and just throw it off a Dock. same thing as buying a boat =)

I love the water, Jetskis, boats, all that sh*t. but just expect to spend LOTS. fuel cost alone in a boat are amazing.

I can't believe nobody dropped this line:

BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand
tounge.gif

First things first. Do the lakes you are planning on navigating have any restrictions on size or HP? I had to buy a smaller boat than I originally wanted. But better to have a smaller boat in the lake, than a bigger boat in storage.

I agree with someone above, big $$$$ pit. However, not as bad as an airplane (owned one of those for about 5 years--big $$$ to keep legal).
I hate to do it but i disagree I have put more money in my busa then ever in my boat..Its all in what you want.. Boating is nice and relaxing If you use it .. If not it collects dust like mine has for the last year
Huh??? You have actually more invested in your scoot than you have in that good looking boat??? Man, you are a shrewd buyer. My guess would have been 4 to 5 times cost of a Busa in that boat.

I always wanted just a nice pontoon party boat to take out with other couples and putt around the area lakes. Do a little cooking, drink a little beer, and get down tonite, get down tonite.

nope bought boat off indevidual for 14500 .. They where in a bad situation..needed cash and i had it.. right time and place..

Boats kinda
wink.gif
 remind me of what a friend told me about being in the Aviation Business. How do you end up with a Million dollars in the bank in the Aviation Business
rock.gif
? You start with 2 Million
laugh.gif

This will be our 3rd season with the boat. I bought a 1984 Baja Islander in mint shape. I can put 9 people on it. I am 15 minutes from Lake Erie. We got out in the evenings after work just to relax and have fun. My kids love the water and the speed. Have fun, trailer it so you dont have to buy gas at the dock(I go to sam's for gas) I park it in my backyard in a 10 x 20 inclosed tent-it works awesome.

I was in charge of a full service boatyard for 7 years and I still work around them . Don't buy a bayliner . Don't ge anything with an Bravo 3 outdrive on it . Don't get a jet boat unless you really know how to drive them ( they do not have a reverse because of the way they work) , That makes them hard to park or stop. You can call me if you need some more input just PM me. And before you buy GET A SURVEY DONE ON THE BOAT !

I have a viper 19' Bass boat with a 200hp Merc. I bought it in 2000, havn't had a bit of trouble out of it. It's so relaxing and peaceful just to be on the water. Can't wait till the weather warms up. Their talking about 6-8" of snow here tomorrow.

Back