thinking about an alarm for the busa

john32303

Registered
hi all

just toying around with the thought of an alarm for the scooter. anyone have any reccomendations or links to websites that have them?

Thanks

Re: thinking abou tan alarm for the busa

no man, but I may keep my eye on some answers you'll get, I'm lookin for one too

Cheers
Juan

I am lookin for one to. Living here in Phoenix I do a lot of riding and sometimes I go to the mall. I park it in front of the mall in the dedicated motorcycle parking spots, but you always run the risk of it getting jacked.

Thinking of one too. Wonder if a HD one would work? It's a pod you carry that activates and de-activates by your proximity. No buttons to push. If the bike is moved without the pod nearby it'll give a couple warning chirps before going full blare. Won't start, even with a key, without the pod near.

Thinking of one too. Wonder if a HD one would work? It's a pod you carry that activates and de-activates by your proximity. No buttons to push. If the bike is moved without the pod nearby it'll give a couple warning chirps before going full blare. Won't start, even with a key, without the pod near.

The Scorpio i900 works the same way. Check out pahsnit under the sponsors button. He seems to have the best price on them.

I looked at the Scorpio, but the price drove me off. Went with Internatrix at about 1/2 the price and it worked out well. Excellent vendor support. A little more work as it is not plug and play, but this gives more options to connect it custom.

Remote warns if someone comes close to the bike, in alarm mode, or silent alarm mode, comes with perimeter sensor, shock sensor, immobilizer, auto arm etc, and the alarm sound unit is separate and very loud.

What I like about the way I installed it, is the LED is in my instrument cluster and flashes nice and bright when armed. I did not connect directly to the battery and the siren is hidden, so it will take a thief quite some time to get into the wiring harness to get the bike started.

Also, the alarm gives a nice gentle warning first to someone hanging out too close to the bike before it goes into full siren mode.

I have the Scorpio i900. Very easy to install if you get the additional bike specific additional harness. No cutting required. The additional harness adapter is about $30 dollars and makes it plug and play, no splicing. The i900 is kind of expensive. Pashnit did have it as a group buy and and the additional harness came as part of the package. There is also the i600. And GPW also has an alarm he sells that's very inexpensive. You would have to PM him. :welcome:

+1 for the Scorpio line. I think mine is the i600, had it for a couple years now and it's nice. Keeps the guys at work from swinging a leg over it. I have all options added in, forget what all they had but it's locked down so good that even with the key you can't start the bike until the alarm has been disabled (had a coworker try it thinking they would be a wiseguy and take the bike for a spin -- NO DICE!) :laugh: Bike just sat there flashing the lights and screaming at him.

John32303, I hope this helps you as much as your post helped me. I'm looking at the Scorpio's. I feel my bike is worth a decent alarm! :thumbsup:

I stock the Scorpion SR-i600se and try to maintain the best price for them. I also should have both Gen 1 and Gen 2 wiring harnesses in stock.

Link:
Scorpio SR-i600se Alarm System

The 900 is self arming and I can get them in within 2-3 business days.

Keep in mind that a cheaply made alarm can be very annoying....false alarms etc. Also the quick connect wiring harnesses make for a smooth install.

purchased the sri 900 and it will be here next week....added wiring harness and perimeter sensor...now i will feel more relaxed when i have to park and go in somewhere...i think the $454 price i paid was well worth it...

Alarm systems with a 1/4 mile pager system work best. Gorrilla Alarms work pretty well and for the $$ (229.00) they are tough to beat. If you can hook up jumper cables install is super easy.

I too am thinking about one as bike theft in huge here in SoFla.

JdsBusa I hope the guy who hopped on your bike that day left work with a knot on his head to say the least....Never touch anothers bike without permission...thats a shootin offense !
When I was growing up it used to always be you can have my girlfriend before my bike. Now that I'm married its diff...most of the time....:laugh:

Scorpion is the way to go. Check around on prices, paid 360 with vehicle specific plug. Suppppppper easy to install, took longer to take off and put on tail than 2 install alarm.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buddy here cheated on an alarm system for his bike cause money is really tight for him right now. All that he used was a siren, mercury switch and a relay. Hooked relay to ignition switch to energize circuit when bike is turned off, then fed power from relay though mercury switch to siren. Now when parked and key is either out or turned off any movement of bike siren sounds.

Been using this paging system for 6 seasons now and it hasn't had a single issue.

My alarm install

About $80 bucks off ebay. Don't know if that exact model # is still out there but there are many identical to it.

I like touring which means hotel stays and it's done great a great job. So far it hasn't had the need to save the bike but it has alerted me to many admirers who got a little too close.

I too am thinking about one as bike theft in huge here in SoFla.

JdsBusa I hope the guy who hopped on your bike that day left work with a knot on his head to say the least....Never touch anothers bike without permission...thats a shootin offense !
When I was growing up it used to always be you can have my girlfriend before my bike. Now that I'm married its diff...most of the time....:laugh:
It was a friend who thought he was being funny. Joke was on him though, he didn't know about the steering lock on motorcycles so the next day I pushed his bike across the lot and hid it behind a truck. He came out and thought his had been stolen - I told him it was karma for what he tried to do to mine. Made him sweat it out for about 5 mins before I told him where it was at. :laugh:

At any rate - Scorpio all the way for an easy install. They're also very easy to hide to make it harder for thieves to disconnect before you get to the bike assuming you're within a quick sprinting distance. Some of these pros are very fast these days and you might have 5-10 secs to get to your bike and get a plate number on the vehicle before they get away. They bring some 400 pound gorillas with them and basically do a snatch and grab job. Too bad there's not a way to set up a tazer system on the bike. That would do the job I think! :rofl:

Back