Is Scorpio still the best alarm system?

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I am looking at getting an alarm system for the bike. it seems most people have the scorpio alarms and that is what I usually see referanced.

I thought I have heard of motorcycle alarms haveing remote start capabilities but I looked at Scorpio's best alarm and it does not indicate that it has remote start.

any input? any better alarms out there or is Scorptio still the best?

I have a r900 Scorpio. Works great.

I thought about a remote start but having to leave the bike in neutral for the remote start to work was just too much of a disadvantage for me to bother with it.

Accidently leaving it in first and having it drive itself off the sidestand when I hit the remote start button fumbling for my keys in my pocket, was a thought I could not bear.

cheers
ken

I have a r900 Scorpio. Works great.

I thought about a remote start but having to leave the bike in neutral for the remote start to work was just too much of a disadvantage for me to bother with it.

Accidently leaving it in first and having it drive itself off the sidestand when I hit the remote start button fumbling for my keys in my pocket, was a thought I could not bear.

cheers
ken

Yeah, I forgot about the whole gear issue. having a remote start probably isnt the best of ideas.

was the scorpio pretty easy to install? it sounds like since it has a model specific harness that it is pretty simple.

Yeah, I forgot about the whole gear issue. having a remote start probably isnt the best of ideas.

was the scorpio pretty easy to install? it sounds like since it has a model specific harness that it is pretty simple.

Easy install. I had the shop do it. The mechanic had itinstalled in about 1/2 hour. He didn't bother with the model specific kit, he just read the instructions that came with the alarm and he wired it right up. I got a refund on the model specific kit. Had I done it myself I would use the kit as I am not the most productive tree in the orchard.

cheers
ken

sponsors.....or ebay about $350 from Biohazard.

Last edited:
I have a $300+ scorpio on my 14...and a $149 internatrix on my busa. The scorpio locks up and won't disarm if parked in the sun on a hot day......the internatrix always works flawlessly. Besides that they're pretty much identical in what they do. If I was buying again I'd go with another internatrix :thumbsup:

Dude, if I can install it, so can you!

Someone (Icemann?) put a detailed set of instructions on here quite a while back but the instructions were outstanding. Somehow, I can't seem to hit on the right combination of keywords to find it at the moment, though.

I like my alarm just fine, though it's an i500. I think you'll like it!

--Wag--

I am looking at getting an alarm system for the bike. it seems most people have the scorpio alarms and that is what I usually see referanced.

I thought I have heard of motorcycle alarms haveing remote start capabilities but I looked at Scorpio's best alarm and it does not indicate that it has remote start.

any input? any better alarms out there or is Scorptio still the best?

Bro check this out I got one coming in the mail tommorow , do the research on this scorpio model you cant go wrong with the price , this model even has a perimator sensor. I looked earlier this week and he had another on the auction block. ALARM SCORPIO HONDA SUZUKI YAMAHA KAWASAKI HARLEY FM 2W:eBay Motors (item 270403781888 end time Jun-08-09 21:21:48 PDT)

I like my i900 very much. When it arrived in the mail I got all mentally prepared for a big day in the shop. I had it cleaned and tools organized thinking I'd be doing the best install possible. I open the box, set out the parts, plug in the harness and hook up wire to the battery. A little velcro and a few wire-ties and i was done. It took about 5 minutes! :laugh:

I like my i900 very much. When it arrived in the mail I got all mentally prepared for a big day in the shop. I had it cleaned and tools organized thinking I'd be doing the best install possible. I open the box, set out the parts, plug in the harness and hook up wire to the battery. A little velcro and a few wire-ties and i was done. It took about 5 minutes! :laugh:
Yep alarm installs aren't near as hard as they sound. And with a plug'n play harness the hardest part is just tidying up the wires. Like anything tho its only as reliable as the install. Take the time to make GOOD connections that won't vibrate loose or rub bare/get cut on something, and as long as the alarm systems working right it should protect you prob free for a long time to come :beerchug:

I have the I-500 and have had no problems. I used the the plug and play harness, I don't like splicing my wires,

Back