How much should an alarm install cost?

84Ninja

Registered
Hi guys. Sorry for all the posts lately. Does anyone know what it should cost to have an alarm installed. I was quoted $142 by a bike shop here in MD (Seems steep for what it involves). Thanks if you can help me,

Kurt

Inernatrix...... install yourself.....all the bells and whistles....
super.gif

I hope your new born sleep's inside cause Busa's are not safe outdoors at night recommend a motorcycle cover also if you have no choice.

Thanks 1166. She is inside and cable locked with alarmed disc lock.

Hi Ed. Thank you for that! $100 is reasonable.

Spudley- Already have the alarm, but thank you
beerchug.gif

The Gorilla alarm is a cake walk. Install in less than 20 minutes. No ignition kill to play with . Mount main module, mount tilt sensor, connect to power, program remote, done. I used one for a while but thieves stole that bike so how good was it really? Another $100.00 and your in the Scorpio SR-i500 price range. Much better system. Word of advice...If you use the Gorilla don't install the warning led light. All that does is let criminals know you have an alarm and they can come prepared to defeat it. I know cause there is an 04 Blue/Silver still missing that had a Gorilla alarm installed on it.

was gonna second the do it yourself route... I did the scorpio on mine and it took maybe an hour, dunno about u but was certainly worth saving the coin for a little bit o time
beerchug.gif

If you are not sure of electrical system even the easiest can fry fuses or the unit. Was your Gorrilla set or armed when it was stolen? They don't auto set. I sell and install alarms and charge $30.00 per hour. I hide them deep, incorporate with stock harness and power from a hidden source. Shop rates vary, if they are going to hide it like me, I block 4 hours to solder and shrink tape the install. They may be the only game in town, Any alarm is better then no alarm if used responsibly.

My Gorilla was armed the bike was chained locked to the burglar bars in the front of my house and rotor locked. I always armed it because one night my neighbors scared away some thieves with one of those million candle watt lights. I like the Scorpio a lot better but you are right better to have something rather than nothing at all. Gorilla sells the 7017, it has 2 way paging. The 2 way paging feature is a must. If your inside say, BestBuy and the alarm triggers chances are you won't hear it, but the 2 way will let you know someone is tampering with your ride and hopefully you can get outside in time to regulate.
guns.gif

Tinmann and others- Thanks for you replies and suggestion to do it myself. Well, I did it and it took under an hour!! I originally thought I had to splice wires and all that stuff, but it was amazingly simple. Works great, and the alarm sounds like a falcon's chirp (Hayabusa) :)

Thanks again!

Dagnammit. I knew I should have taken photos--Sorry. I got the Gorilla with 2-way pager on Ebay about a year ago, really cheap. I took the dome off and velcro-ed the unit to the top of the fender. It was surprisingly easy.

Back