Things really are bad....

Brian,

You did what God has commanded all of us to do. Love your neighbor as you love Christ. What you did is what God wants us all to do. Be there for one another. What an wonderful way to allow God to use you bro.:bowdown:

You have to be glad for what god gives you . Since last year I had to take another job ( 40K less) and my wife has take about 10K in cuts to her job . Its not easy but we are getting by . I haven't bought anything for my bike in over a year and now I'm even saying that if things get worse I might have to sell . But You do what you have to and things will always get better . At least thats what I believe . Things are hard all over and its nice to see that people care , I'm sure that you helped him with his faith and peace of mind .

:beerchug: be careful out there,my wife's a dispatcher and I have alot of leo friends that I worry about constantly because people are at thier limits now a days... people like you are hard to come by and lord knows we need more like you that will take the time to help instead of turning a blind eye:bowdown:

I know where that man is, I'm there. It sucks because I'm supposed to have the answers, and I don't.

You are so right it could happen to any of us at any time. Awesome job of listening and being there for a complete stranger.

Good news! I went back to the guys house tonight, and asked if the conselor was able to help at all. He told me the conselor gave him a few numbers to call that could possibly help him. He is still without a job, and still looking, but he is hopeful. The man i spoke to tonight was a completely different man than i spoke to that night in the field. Hopefully it will all work out for him!

Yeah, well done Brian. I had an officer pull me over when I was in my early 20s. I went ripping by him on my GSXR750 in town at probably about 75 in a 35 zone. I had a brutal argument with my ex-fiance and was just all messed up.

When I saw the lights behind me I was just like "great, one more thing."

Funniest part was I shut off the bike, and just ass I shut it off he (5'4" Blond Cop) was just about at the bike in a raised voice shouting out my offenses. 75 in a 35 careless driving (front wheel was in the air a little) and was over all NOT pleased with my behavior.

Well as I pulled off my helmet all the young guy angst, frustration, and worry all came to the surface and I just lost it. Burst into tears as I stepped off the bike. Well this poor guy just didn't know how to react. Was kinda funny really, I am sure that this isn't what he expected. 6'1" guy with long hair and a tough guy beard just pulling his helmet off and crying like a little kid.

He actually stepped back a few steps. Had to be a pretty funny scene really. He asked me what the problem was and I explained through sobs what my situation was. New semester starting, fight with the fiance' etc...

He was awesome. Had me step over to the curb and have a seat. Even said go ahead when I asked if I could light a cigarette. So there I was sitting all pathetic on the side of the road and the Officer steps outta his car bringing me my license back. He asked if I was thinking about hurting myself, and I said NO I'm fine.

He replied with "Go ahead and just relax right here, take as much time as you need to compose yourself, have another cigarette, I've got a lot of paperwork to catch up on and I'll just sit right there (motioning to his cruiser) until your ready to go."

Was just really unexpected and appreciated. I sat there through a another smoke got myself together and got back on the bike.

He didn't give me a ticket, he was genuinely compassionate, and that was completely unexpected and exactly what I needed. Helped me out and may have prevented me from riding angry for too much longer and making a mistake there.

SO good on ya, sounds like you were able to help someone who really felt helpless. :thumbsup:

God Works in Mysterious Ways.............:whistle:

Sometimes all it takes is an ear. Definitely needed that this morning.

Back