Really pissed

I know Im not one of the key players on this thread but Monties reply was very tactful and professional, I would be willing to bet his that way on duty as well. Thanks for doing a "thankless" job Monty. Also I have had nothing but good posts with Gold so I'm glad this got worked out.

Robb

I'll try to address the questions and jabs that you both have taken.

.................. edited for size
laugh.gif

Monty
Well written Monty
beerchug.gif

I normally wouldn't chime in on something like this... I hate tit-for-tat crap.

Goldwanger, while giving "his side" of things, did include the part where he showed his @$$ which in my opinion shows a lot of credibility. Most people giving their side would have said "he just blew up at me for no reason and I went politely on my way".

In addition, regardless of how the officer handled himself that day; regardless of how Goldwanger handled himself that day; as an officer, he not only should have been able to get himself together enough professionally to go in and take care of the handshake but also understood it was a sideways order by a superior.

Life is full of choices and consequences. LEO's enforce the law upon those who make bad choices, so this should not have been a new philosophy to him.

<!--EDIT|HT_USMC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131147067 -->

I'm not sure what to think about this. I feel that I am right in all of this and this guy has the problem.

David
... and to me this shows that Goldwanger is at least examining his own actions and reactions to some degree. Which I think we can all respect.

Oh and I think maybe 14 days off is extreme but I don't know all the facts. However, maybe that's what the guy needs just to let it go and cool off a bit.

Translation: Goldwanger, you can speed on that stretch for the next two weeks... enjoy! I kid, I kid. But really...
tounge.gif

Well, I've met the guy who needed something like a badge and authority to make him feel good about himself, and yeah, they were like chicken little puffin' out their chests and so forth, but I've also met the big guy who didn't like being told his business by someone younger and smaller in physical stature.

Not saying who is wrong and who is right; don't know and don't care. I'm just pointing out my experience.

Monty it doesn't matter if it was a 5 over ticket.

If I was pulled over and wasn't the person speeding I would stand up for myself.

I've received plenty speeding tickets in my 28 years of driving 20 on a bike.

I have never been rude to any of them because I know I was speeding. I always had my license and registration waiting before they even get to my window.

Even on my bike (If you can beleive it) If I pass a patrol car and it starts to move immediately after I pass it I will pull over immediately.

Half the times they let me go with a warning or a greatly reduced fine.

I'll admit If I'm on the highway and it is late and no cars on the road, there is a high likelyhood I'm cracking the throttle and gone, But as in another thread, local roads no matter what time of day no chance. I'll pull over every time.

I'll be dammed if I going to pay a fine for speeding when I dam well know I was not.

The state troopers here in Rhode Island are very well respected. You treat them well and they will return the favor mostly in the form of reduced over the limit fine from what you were actually doing.

Some of the local guys are are a totally different story.

Why should anyone pay for something they didn't deserve?

Like you said no one knows who is telling the truth but I for one agree with Goldwanger for seing this through to the end.

He had some friends in high places but he only used them for advice and these friends in turn went on to get the story from the leo instead of I'll take care of the ticket for you and to that the end of the situation.

The leo confessed to being wrong (so to say) and had a chance to make it right. He is now his own worst enemy!

Back