There goes more of our freedom AGAIN!

Didn’t start this thread to offend any of you. I just have a strong viewpoint on the subject. I do have strong beliefs that there is a big difference between a speeding kid and a criminal.
Soo guys lets go back to talking bikes
Cheers
beerchug.gif

Here is the deal, as strongly as you believe that going 100 is ok there are others that feel that it is unacceptable on public roads... As long as there are folks that DO run from the police then stringent rules have to be put into place. If you dont violate the rules then dont sweat it... I dont fear the drug trafficking laws because Im not a drug traffiker.... Stay within the laws and you wont have any problems...

(captain @ Jan. 06 2007,17:37) Here is the deal, as strongly as you believe that going 100 is ok there are others that feel that it is unacceptable on public roads... As long as there are folks that DO run from the police then stringent rules have to be put into place. If you dont violate the rules then dont sweat it... I dont fear the drug trafficking laws because Im not a drug traffiker.... Stay within the laws and you wont have any problems...
We see eye to eye on all of that ...
smile.gif

So you are complaining about getting your bike taken for breaking the law?
rock.gif
?? I dont get it , i must have missed something.

Here is a crazy idea.... Obey the LAWS!!! Lead by example. Little insight hear , police can confiscate for many reasons and most do not , they can take you to jail according to the laws for speeding anything over 20mph over posted limit , but again most do not.  In your scenario i doubt your bike would be taken , LEOs arent rocket scientists but they arent morons either they know when you are running and when you arent. I had a police officer with his blue lights on and siren on follow me for over 5 miles before , but i was yacking business on the cell phone and didnt see him , he knew that as well. Alot is LEO discrepancy , you have a few Ahole power trips , usually squids but they are there ... but most are good guys.

(DonnieF @ Jan. 06 2007,17:42) So you are complaining about getting your bike taken for breaking the law?
rock.gif

Here is a crazy idea.... Obey the LAWS!!! Lead by example. Little insight hear , police can confiscate for many reasons and most do not , they can take you to jail according to the laws for speeding anything over 20mph over posted limit , but again most do not.  In your scenario i doubt your bike would be taken , LEOs arent rocket scientists but they arent morons either they know when you are running and when you arent. I had a police officer with his blue lights on and siren for over 5 miles before , but i was yacking business on the cell phone and didnt see him , he knew that as well. Alot is LEO discrepancy , you have a few Ahole power trips , usually squids but they are there ... but most are good guys.
Agreed ... Just that strong maybe that bothers me
I swore I was going to bow out of this to keep from alienating anyone so I will be short.
I am over 40
Never been a felon
Not saying if you run you are justified in doing so.
Has anyone that owns a Busa on this site "never" been over 100 on a public highway?
If you read the news story it classified the motorcycle and the riders in general as bad things for law enforcement. I don't agree and do not like the message it sends to all of the public that has no idea of why most of us buy this style of bike, the rush it is to ride one and the feeling of freedom it gives us.

(502SCS @ Jan. 06 2007,16:53)
(DonnieF @ Jan. 06 2007,17:42) So you are complaining about getting your bike taken for breaking the law?
rock.gif

Here is a crazy idea.... Obey the LAWS!!! Lead by example. Little insight hear , police can confiscate for many reasons and most do not , they can take you to jail according to the laws for speeding anything over 20mph over posted limit , but again most do not.  In your scenario i doubt your bike would be taken , LEOs arent rocket scientists but they arent morons either they know when you are running and when you arent. I had a police officer with his blue lights on and siren for over 5 miles before , but i was yacking business on the cell phone and didnt see him , he knew that as well. Alot is LEO discrepancy , you have a few Ahole power trips , usually squids but they are there ... but most are good guys.
I swore I was going to bow out of this to keep from alienating anyone so I will be short.
I am over 40
Never been a felon
Has anyone that owns a Busa on this site "never" been over 100 on a public highway?
If you read the news story it classified the motorcycle and the riders in general as bad things for law enforcement. I don't agree and do not like the message it sends to all of the public that has no idea of why most of us buy this style of bike, the rush it is to ride one  and the feeling of freedom it gives us.
Its funny that you think all LEO are this way, Oklahoma Highway Patrol used a drug seized busa and they purchased another just so they could better the relationship with the sport bike community... The troopers assigned to this detail go to all the shows in the area, go to the bike nights and hang with the kids and adults.......

Sometimes I think its our perceptions of the truth not the truth itself that causes the problems....

Cap

(captain @ Jan. 06 2007,18:58)
(502SCS @ Jan. 06 2007,16:53)
rock.gif

I am over 40
Never been a felon
If you read the news story it classified the motorcycle and the riders in general as bad things for law enforcement. I don't agree and do not like the message it sends to all of the public that has no idea of why most of us buy this style of bike, the rush it is to ride one  and the feeling of freedom it gives us.
Its funny that you think all LEO are this way, Oklahoma Highway Patrol used a drug seized busa and they purchased another just so they could better the relationship with the sport bike community... The troopers assigned to this detail go to all the shows in the area, go to the bike nights and hang with the kids and adults.......

Sometimes I think its our perceptions of the truth not the truth itself that causes the problems....

Cap
Dont think I said ALL anywhere.
Dont hate LEO's You would LYAO if you knew what I do for a living
laugh.gif

"Sometimes I think its our perceptions of the truth not the truth itself that causes the problems...."

Agree with this. However it is the propaganda that the OS article propagated that set me off on this subject. Did you read the article? If not please do you may feel the same... If you (Like me) were about to go on a 200 mile ride with 20 other sport bikes through wooded areas within the subscription area of this paper you might feel the same way. Will let you know how the ride goes but feeling like a target was placed on all of us.

PS Thanks for all of the challenging discussion on this .. One side to a topic like this makes for a dull day

I look at this situation much like I do about terrorism..... Before you say it dont.. I know there are huge differences but the same principle remains...

If you know that the terrorist that have attacked us are made up of a majority by arabic young men ages 22 -40 and they tell us that they are going to bomb our football arenas dont you think that we should check out as many of those that meet the criteria as possible? We could wait till something happens or we could go after the problem....

It looks like Florida is having issues with young men on fast bikes on the public highways, they are doing nothing more than stopping and checking and attempting to be proactive to those that run... If there wasnt a problem then there wouldnt be much a need for a solution...

This country sometimes makes me wonder about what we would do if we were ever invaded by aliens, would it be OK if we stopped every green guy that had two heads that was hanging around the airport. I think that there can be a difference between a stereotype and a problem...

I didnt comment to make you feel like you were under the gun. Ofcourse we have done over a 100mph on our Busa's , i bet even Captain has seen those digits on the speedo a few times. There is a time and place to do this , people and citys are complaining about what is going on in heavily traffic'ed and populated areas. I have a Highway patrol officer that rides with me , and he has been well over 150mph on his R1 when we have ridden a few times. The ones that are pushing it to the limits are the ones screwing it up for the rest of us. go to www.uponone.com and watch some of those videos ... these guys are wheeling , hanstanding ect. in rush hour traffic and on main strips of citys. I dont think most LEOs would care if you were practicing wheeling on a non populated road out in the middle of nowhere. Many cops are gear/bikeheads 2.

I think the punishment should fit the crime ie. tickets,license revoking, etc. I just don't see $10k dollars to be an appropriate penalty.

Back