The wife's new motorcycle

Spike

Donating Member
Registered
I just have to say thank you again to everyone for your two cents on how to pick her out a bike.  After sitting on virtually EVERY motorcycle in the showroom, and there were possibly hundreds, she felt the best choice was this little baby. (Be careful the reflectors burn your eyes.)

Ninja.jpg

It is a Ninja 250, brand spanking new, Silver with red flames.  The break-in only let me take it up to 4000RPM on the way home.  In fifth gear this was 35 miles per hour.  I had a HUGE line of cars behind me.  

Today will be her first riding lesson.

She already loves this thing even though she hasn't ridden it.  The cool thing is she likes all my gear too. She is going to use all my old gear sans helmet and I get to buy all new:)  Whooohooo! She already has her sites set on the GSX-R600 though and I think she is now hellbent on learning and putting some serious miles on this little guy.

Thanks folks!

Good choice for a first time street rider
beerchug.gif
she will have a blast on that thing
super.gif

How can I put my toughts into the right words?

Hmmmm....

Got it!!

MOST EXCELLENT!!!!

Thats Great!! Nice bike to start out with, PERFECT!! She will have eyes set on your Busa in not too much time!! Then you have to get a new 08. I would start the process now, she has all of your matching gear so she would would look really good on the your Busa. LOL
beerchug.gif

Thanks guys, she really appreciates the encouragement:)

And yeah... hmm I hadn't thought about giving her the 06 LE... We will have to see what the 08 looks like;) That is going to be a LONG ways from today though:)

tell her "congrats" on her new ride
beerchug.gif

i know you are going to enjoy riding even more now that you have her by your side...i taught my first wife to ride and that was always a cool feeling, running down the road together

Congrats to her, now teach her well brother.

4000 revs in 5th =35 mph, I'll bet you died a little inside didn't you
wow.gif

Great choice! Most MSF courses teach on 250"s. My wife learned on her Rebel 250 and enjoys riding it very much. She has had it two years now and is ready to move up to a larger bike now. Best thing about this size bike is when you get ready to sell it, it will bring close to what you paid for it.
beerchug.gif

Looks like my garage! I have a 06 Busa and the GF has a ninja 250 (1st bike for her). I have to admit, the bike is pretty fun to ride. Where else can you redline every gear till 4th and still stay under the speedlimit? She's got about 500 miles on the bike and loves it.....I think the gixxer600 will be her next one.

Very nice to be able to cruise together and have someone share your love for riding. You're a lucky guy.

Back