The squid next door

Louisa? I think that's where I went to get my Great Danes...
rock.gif

My mind's going? Is that past Richmond on I-64, but before C-Ville? Help a blonde! LOL

Ask him if thats all that thing can do, coerce him into riding it harder and faster until...well the problems solved.
laugh.gif

Louisa?  I think that's where I went to get my Great Danes...  
rock.gif

My mind's going?  Is that past Richmond on I-64, but before C-Ville?  Help a blonde!  LOL
I just shot water thru my nose
laugh.gif

Yeah, about 20 mi from C-ville near I- 64!

The guy is not very stable or friendly. One day in Oct. I was working on the bike and I hear this screaming coming from inside the house next door. Great, a fight. The house is like 30 or 40 yards away. Out comes dude with a bag of trash in his hand and he throws it across his yard. ( He has an old beat up pickup truck that he keeps the trash in). I look up as I'm kneeling on the ground at my bike and dude looks at me and says just loud enough for me to hear "What the Fu%$ are you lookin' at!" so I stood up and stared back as he jumped in his car and tried to spin wheels as he left. Anyway bein' buddy buddy is not an option. The guy is wacked!
The guy also must have incredible luck - I see cops on this road every time I travel it. At least one cop - every time.
It's amazing.
I was wondering about calling a trooper on my cell using #77 ?
Any one ever use that - I think it connects directly to the cop and not a dispatcher. Any Va. people know?
thanks

If he knows I called the cops I can see this happening -WAR.
He poisons my dog, come home to broken windows, stuff vanishing, etc. Not good to be at war with your neighbor. I can't afford to stay home and guard the fortress - know what i mean?
+1 on that. He's already demonstrating that he doesn't give a damn about you or anyone else (himself included.)

What makes anyone think he will suddenly get an attack of conscience and "reform" just because you have a polite conversation with him?

Call the cops on his azz. Also, I'm in Louisa every couple weeks, I do the Rug Dr stuff at Food Lion. If you happen to see a Gigantic blonde guy in a Rug Dr shirt at the Food Lion there, It's probably me.
biggrin.gif
say hey if you want, I may look scary, but I'm actually almost nice.
laugh.gif

By the way, what road in Louisa is it?
rock.gif

Don't go confront him. Yes, it'd be nice to give a guy a chance. But honestly, someone acting like that, living like that(no job, supported), isn't going to listen. The only thing confronting him will do, is to tip him off as to who called the cops on him.

And if it turns into neighbor war, you'll lose. The guy doesn't even have a job...

Call the cops and let them deal with it. Its what you pay taxes for. Cops get paid to deal with trash like that, not you.

As for a second chance. More likely than not the cops will just talk to the idoit the 1st time, they can't ticket/arrest him for something they didn't see. Batta bing, there's his chance. It'll be up to him as to take it or leave it.

no see you pullin out the cell just gives the imagine as you aint going to put up with it i never said you had to actually call them [/QUOTE]

I disagree.
This is your neighbor and a young one at that. Give the kid a break. So what if he doesnt have tags or pay insurance. He likes to ride and probably can't afford it. Yeah I know what your gonna say "well then he shouldnt be on the streets". He's one of the lucky ones that can get away with it. Untill he gets caught. Don't be a snitch especially if its a neighbor. BIG NO NO. You are deff asking for war. If you even act like your gonna call the cops your asking for trouble not to mention you are a big fu%^ing #### to your neighbor. Try to get to know him a bit. Find some comman ground between the two of you. Sounds like you don't even talk to the guy. If you try to be neighborly and possibly give him some sound advice it will go along way. But you got to get to know him first. And before I start sounding like Dr. Phil I'll stop right there. Good Luck

Don't start by calling the cops. Have you even met or spoken w/ the kid yet. May be a stupis squid on the bike but may be an alright guy. Don't judge w/out getting to know him first. Try to reason w/ him first and don't be pissed because he doesn't pay ins. or have a license and you do. That will likely come back and bite him in the arse anyway.

Just say, "Hey, John Doe, can I talk with ya for a sec?"
Tell him your concerns and the reasons behind them. And "ask" him to please stop screaming his bike up and down the street because you're not one of those guys who goes and calls the cops w/out trying to reason w/ someone first.

If he tells you to fug off or words to that effect just call the cops and let him know you're going to take civil action if he doesn't stop.

Let us know what happens.

Tell ya what.... If you want, I'll make a trip out there (Only an hour or so) and have a nice, non violent chat with him, (I think a 6'10", 350+lbs guy would intimidate him, don't you?) he won't even know I know you. I'll just say I've seen him riding like a moron and it might get him hurt. Then, when the VA ride rolls around, you show up and buy me lunch.
biggrin.gif

From the sounds of it, I know guys just like him. ALL they want is trouble, they don't care. He doesn't care about his neighbors, or anyone else for that matter. He sounds like the kinda guy that got his GF pregnant, so he decided he HAD to stay with her, then his mommy and daddy got tired of them at THEIR house, and helped him find another place. Sound close enough?
rock.gif

Living in Stuarts Draft, I've met a couple people like that. A$$holes. I still say call the cops, just don't lead on that you called. He'll never know. And if he does start shid, Just install a couple cameras around your house to catch him. He gets fined, possible jail time, and out of your hair. Problem solved.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|yamahor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143844853 -->

Just be careful you don't lowside in the bloodslick he is going to leave on the pavement soon. As said previously, Darwinism will prevail. Hopefully he only kills himself.

Rant on/
I know i'm new on the board but have a question for anyone here. What would you do?

Ok, ive got this kid maybe 18 or so renting the house next door to me - girlfriend just had a baby, neither works that i know of, parents pay bills, the guy is unstable (mentally,i believe), etc. Any way, said individual has a newer 750 Katana that sits out front. It's stock with a Yoshi pipe. There are NO tags (ie LICENSE PLATES) on this bike or county sticker. Probably no insurance either.ALL required in the state of Virginia, btw. On any given evening, said individual will start the bike, rev it like someone gone crazy while the motor is still cold and sputtering. Choking and missing, the poor Zuk finally warms up. Mr individual knows its warmed up when he can repeatedly rev the motor into the limiter and hold it there for about 4 -6 seconds. He goes in the house, grabs the ole helmet and away he screams up the road like a madman(no riding gear but at least he's got a helmet). Every gear hits the rev limiter. ( Here, i'm thinking Zuk's are tough sob's).
He goes down to the gas station (about 1/8 mile), gets 50 cents worth of gas , beer, whatever, and procedes up past the house again, doing everything the bike will do. 20 to 40 minutes later he returns, revs the bike into the limiter a few more times, cuts the poor thing off and goes in the house. Over and over he does this, once, twice a week.
  At first, I thought he was blowing off a lil steam due to the pregnant girlfriends' "hormonal situation" / fighting ,but he was out again last night as usual.
   I'm all for excitement on a bike but c'mon folks! I like the speed too, but there is a proper place and time for it.The road is a main state highway, ( not a back road in the woods) while not heavily populated there is still alot of traffic here. I can't believe the cops havent got him yet.!!!I see them all the time. If that was me, my license would be gone. How does he get away with it? Why do I pay BIG bucks for insurance, tags , taxes and this guy doesn't?

So what to do? Call the cops on the guy? Let nature take its course and read about another splattered squid? It's irritating.

oh well. sorry this was long.
Rant off/
Thanks for yor replies
cool.gif
lessee here...a teenager with a pregnant girlfriend and a piped 750 Kat who buys .50cents worth of gas to bring home his beer?

Don't do anything...your words won't mean squat to him...and a phone call to the po-po on your part may ignite a vendeta on his...and he can win this one as apparently he has little to lose.

He'll either survive himself and have some great stories to tell his grandchildren or?...God will toss a little chlorine in the old gene pool and you'll get to read abouthim and come back and tell us all...

"See! I Told You So!"
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

no no no  ok if you  would rev your bike up  would you  want someone callin the cops no.  i understand that  he does it more than once a week  ok  so  confront him first  say  hey look kid  you need to  slow the hell down  you and some little kid might get hurt.  tell him  would you want someone drivin like that around you kid   if he says i dont care tell him ok  you dont, i do  and pull mr cell phone out and start to call the cops as your walkin away.  he will then think about it.  he doesnt want trouble  with the johnny law.  but be a man not a narc go toe to toe with the putz  and tell him that  he is ruining that  great zuk of his by doing that  talk  some bike  since in to him.  i  know  i  am  young  still but i know  i  wish all the trouble i got into  someone would have said  hey  before you get in trouble let me help.
+1

lessee here...a teenager with a pregnant girlfriend and a piped 750 Kat who buys .50cents worth of gas to bring home his beer?

Don't do anything...your words won't mean squat to him...and a phone call to the po-po on your part may ignite a vendeta on his...and he can win this one as apparently he has little to lose.

He'll either survive himself and have some great stories to tell his grandchildren or?...God will toss a little chlorine in the old gene pool and you'll get to read abouthim and come back and tell us all...

"See! I Told You So!"
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
+1

What Jinkster said!

I'm a former cop, real simple, go down to the local station, explain the entire situation, you dont want to get involved. He is going to kill himself or someone else. What if he kills a kid on your street? How will you sleep? Thats exactly what you need to say to the law.

Let them handle it, thats what they are there for. I'm sure he probably has record, sounds like it. Have them patrol the street for a while.

IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF NEIGHBORS YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HIM KNOWING YOU CALLED THE LAW, JUST DO IT HE WON'T THINK IT WAS YOU BECAUSE YOU OWN A BIKE. HELL, EVERYTIME I START MY BIKE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD SOMEONE CALLS THE LAW AND I DONT EVEN REV IT UP. AND I STILL HAVEN'T FIGURED WHO'S CALLING ON ME YET!!! I'VE HAD 2 SHERIFF DEPUTIES AND A TROOPER IN MY YARD RIGHT AFTER I PUT MY BIKE UP!! BUT IF YOU DO CONFRONT HIM HE WILL KNOW FOR SURE. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROBLEM.
biggrin.gif

Back